Wow, I have never stayed at a hotel with thinner walls! If you're a business traveler and out the door at dark-thirty, you probably have nothing to worry about. I doubt anyone will be making noise in the middle of the night (but who knows). Our room was next to the door going out to the parking lot, and we heard every "bang" of the door closing all morning long as folks left the hotel. I actually get up early everyday (5:30-6am) but when coming from California and I'm on vacation, I would like to sleep in until 7am (9am Chicago time). But oh no, not here!! If you're flying from out of this time zone, I don't recommend this place at all.
Let me break it down with pros & cons:
Check in -
We got in late and I have a family of 4 so I checked in on my own to figure out where our room was. The lady at front reception didn't smile and acted like she didn't want to be there. Great. Way to start out my stay. Now I don't want to be here either. She gave me my keys and told me where to drive my car so it's closer to my room. I asked about breakfast and she pointed behind me and told me when they'll be open. I asked if there was a free breakfast buffet and she looked like I just asked for her first child. Breakfast is like $11 for a breakfast burrito/sandwich, and that doesn't include a drink. No thanks, we went out to a restaurant.
Normal size, modern, comfy beds. Super thin walls. I can hear everyone walk down the hall or walk out the door to the parking lot. We were close to indoor pool, which looked nice, but there is no hot tub.
Modern, clean, lots of places to sit and relax or plug in. Great for business travelers. TVs are everywhere though and they are all on the depressing news. No way to change the channel. Um, no thanks. Wouldn't eat my breakfast there. Also very expensive food bar and staff was unfriendly.
Between Yorktown and Oakbrook Malls, but not walking distance to anything. We stayed here as a stop over and I used my points, but I wouldn't stay here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Chicago Oakbrook Terrace Hotel Oakbrook Terrace
- Courtyard Oakbrook Terrace
- Oakbrook Terrace Courtyard
- Oakbrook Terrace Marriott