All reviews stores and restaurants staff was very friendly pool area is rooms are spacious short stay front desk staff business trip nice property one night stay convenient location next morning business center oak brook bistro lobby chicago shopping
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I was at this facility in early December. Room was nice but couldn't get the temperature up in the room. The temp dropped a few degrees in the room even though I kept turning it up. Breakfast at the Bistro was okay... order at a counter and have it brought to you.

Room tip: facing inside the courtyard would seem quieter than a room facing the road.
Date of stay: December 2011
Reviewed December 9, 2011

The Oakbrook Terrace Courtyard by Marriott was the perfect overnight business traveler experience. Very nice lobby and breakfast/lunch area, with plenty of space to find a private nook to get some work done. The room was nothing special, but fine for a one night stay. If I had one criticism, I would suggest some updated towels/linens. But very tidy and well-kept overall.

Date of stay: December 2011
1  Thank mustang-five
Reviewed November 26, 2011

i'm currently here. 3 families with 10 kids 5-10 years old have taken over the lobby, computer and restaurant area. the kids, unsupervised race around jumping on the furniture, screaming at the top of their lungs -- and playing hockey in the lobby and hallways. complains to management have yielded nothing. ate dinner at "bistro" with kids jumping on the furniture. talks with 12 other guests at the coffee yielded the same reply - no management response to complaints. we will come back, doubt that any of the other complainants will. desk clerk just smirked when i last complained.... when i last complained about his failure to act, he said he had talked with the parents. 3 hours after that complaint, i had to walk through the lobby with my wife in a wheelchair and avoid running over the screaming brats.... used to be a nice place. i'll give it one more chance.

Room tip: they have a roll-in shower for handicappers who value that. that's why we will give them another chance
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The Oakbrook Terrace Courtyard is the preferred choice of my corporate travel team when visiting Chicago. This was my first stay at the hotel. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

The hotel's service team was great. Very friendly and helpful. They provided great recommendations and helpful insights during the stay.

The hotel is a full service location, though the restaurant is pretty casual in terms of food options. It also closes somewhat early in the evening. There is a pool and a small market shop for snacks and drinks.

The location is convenient for my organization, and not too far from O'Hare. There are plenty of shopping and restaurant options in the area.

The room was a typical Courtyard room. Everything was adequate. The bed was not terribly comfortable and sleep quality suffered a bit. The room was clean and the bathroom typical.

While the hotel is pleasant I will look at other options in the area. There are a number of other hotels in the area and I will check one of them out next time.

Date of stay: November 2011
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I came to Chicago on business and this was one of the closer hotels to my client. Based on the exterior photos I wasn't completely sold on this hotel, plus the price ($149 per night) was fairly steep. But the exterior is only a small part of the story, so I kept an open mind.

I arrived after a long, fairly expensive cab ride from O'Hare. Tired after flying 4 hours, I was looking forward to checking in and getting to my room. The lobby is very modern and nice. Plenty of places to sit, plus they have food service until 10PM. Check in was a breeze, and the hotel conveniently has snacks and drinks right by the check in desk. So far, so good.

If only the hotel carried this fresh, modern theme to the rooms. The rooms are very tired and in need of renovation. The carpet is old and worn, the furniture old, and the beds are nothing to write home about. Very functional room, but considering the price, I've stayed in far better hotels.

As I checked out the next morning it became obvious to me that the hotel does great business with the number of business travelers. Many corporate headquarters are close by, so it's no wonder they can charge a higher price and not renovate the rooms.

I do not plan on staying here again.

Date of stay: October 2011