“Superb Staff and Caring Service”

Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Reviewed December 23, 2011

We live in Northwest Indiana,but all our children, grandkids live in the western suburbs of Illinois. My husband had to for some unexpected surgery in early December. Our early Christmas weekend with the family all here had to change.
Well This Hotel really came through for us!!! I visited the hotel personally in the first week of December. The staff member showed me around. I arranged for a suite with an overnight stay on December 18th. And also for one of their meeting rooms for our family Christmas party.
All 14 of the gang showed up. We even brought a Christmas tree! The staff set up the meeting room,supplying ice buckets etc. We all opened gifts,,ate, drank and had a very special time.
IWe can,t begin to say enough thank yous to the staff at this Hotel. They were superb, WAY OVER THE TOP!!!!J Jan from Duneland Beach

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dunelandbeacher

Reviewed December 17, 2011

I was at this facility in early December. Room was nice but couldn't get the temperature up in the room. The temp dropped a few degrees in the room even though I kept turning it up. Breakfast at the Bistro was okay... order at a counter and have it brought to you.

Room Tip: facing inside the courtyard would seem quieter than a room facing the road.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2011

The Oakbrook Terrace Courtyard by Marriott was the perfect overnight business traveler experience. Very nice lobby and breakfast/lunch area, with plenty of space to find a private nook to get some work done. The room was nothing special, but fine for a one night stay. If I had one criticism, I would suggest some updated towels/linens. But very tidy and well-kept overall.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mustang-five
Reviewed November 26, 2011

i'm currently here. 3 families with 10 kids 5-10 years old have taken over the lobby, computer and restaurant area. the kids, unsupervised race around jumping on the furniture, screaming at the top of their lungs -- and playing hockey in the lobby and hallways. complains to management have yielded nothing. ate dinner at "bistro" with kids jumping on the furniture. talks with 12 other guests at the coffee yielded the same reply - no management response to complaints. we will come back, doubt that any of the other complainants will. desk clerk just smirked when i last complained.... when i last complained about his failure to act, he said he had talked with the parents. 3 hours after that complaint, i had to walk through the lobby with my wife in a wheelchair and avoid running over the screaming brats.... used to be a nice place. i'll give it one more chance.

Room Tip: they have a roll-in shower for handicappers who value that. that's why we will give them anothe...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2011

The Oakbrook Terrace Courtyard is the preferred choice of my corporate travel team when visiting Chicago. This was my first stay at the hotel. Overall it was a pleasant stay.

The hotel's service team was great. Very friendly and helpful. They provided great recommendations and helpful insights during the stay.

The hotel is a full service location, though the restaurant is pretty casual in terms of food options. It also closes somewhat early in the evening. There is a pool and a small market shop for snacks and drinks.

The location is convenient for my organization, and not too far from O'Hare. There are plenty of shopping and restaurant options in the area.

The room was a typical Courtyard room. Everything was adequate. The bed was not terribly comfortable and sleep quality suffered a bit. The room was clean and the bathroom typical.

While the hotel is pleasant I will look at other options in the area. There are a number of other hotels in the area and I will check one of them out next time.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I came to Chicago on business and this was one of the closer hotels to my client. Based on the exterior photos I wasn't completely sold on this hotel, plus the price ($149 per night) was fairly steep. But the exterior is only a small part of the story, so I kept an open mind.

I arrived after a long, fairly expensive cab ride from O'Hare. Tired after flying 4 hours, I was looking forward to checking in and getting to my room. The lobby is very modern and nice. Plenty of places to sit, plus they have food service until 10PM. Check in was a breeze, and the hotel conveniently has snacks and drinks right by the check in desk. So far, so good.

If only the hotel carried this fresh, modern theme to the rooms. The rooms are very tired and in need of renovation. The carpet is old and worn, the furniture old, and the beds are nothing to write home about. Very functional room, but considering the price, I've stayed in far better hotels.

As I checked out the next morning it became obvious to me that the hotel does great business with the number of business travelers. Many corporate headquarters are close by, so it's no wonder they can charge a higher price and not renovate the rooms.

I do not plan on staying here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Kurt M
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I was attending a conference for three days at the nearby Oakbrook Hills Resort about 1.5 miles away from this Courtyard location. But I could not afford to stay at the resort because, even though I was with a group that had a rate of $99/night, I called the day the rate was to expire and they said it had already been sold out, so they reserved me a room for $209 for the 1st night and $102 for the two consecutive nights, with no breakfast. Yikes! In the meantime I found this Couryard and got a great rate of $71/night with free breakfast for two adults and two kids, even though I was by myself. Awesome.

I got lost finding this location, but called and the pleasant reception clerk Cyrus helped me find it. I checked into a very nice spacious room with 2 queenbeds with very nice comfy mattresses, clean sheets, clean towels... the nice stuff. This location has an indoor pool. And the atmosphere is quiet and subdued. Free wifi (the resort, on the other hand, had a charge per day usage), and a nice office area where I could print my airline boarding pass and other documents for free.

The only concern that I was at the back of the building far away from the front where breakfast was served, so it took a while to get between lobby and the Bistro. But I suppose they put me here because I wanted it pretty guaranteed quiet.

After 2 nights in a Super 8, I learned the age old lesson that you get what you pay for. Only I could have paid through the nose to get swank without breakfast, or reasonable with breakfast. Papa Bear's (Hotel 8's) bed was too hard, Mama Bear's (Oakbrook Resort's) bed was too swanky, but Baby Bear's (Courtyard's) bed was JUST RIGHT!

Room Tip: Book early online; about three weeks in advance should do it.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbro...
#7 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
#5 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!