All reviewsstores and restaurantsstaff was very friendlypool area isrooms are spaciousfront desk staffnight staynice propertynext morningbusiness centeroak brookbistrolobbychicagoshoppinglombardrenovationdowntown
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Stayed 2 nights for business. Liked the location tucked back from the main road. Plenty of good shopping and restaurants close. Hotel is somewhat outdated. Room was standard, nothing outstanding. The bed comfort was average, mattress was nothing special on design or comfort. For two nights, the hotel was satisfactory.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bizziar1
Reviewed June 12, 2011

As a rule, I avoid Courtyard by Marriott hotels. However, this was booked for business and I had no option. I was pleasantly surprised at the updated cafe and options they offered, and the lobby was much less dismal than at other Courtyards I've stayed.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Having read previous reviews we didn't expect much. In actuality the hotel has been renovated in the lobby and the staff was very friendly. Our check in was fast, the first issue with the hotel we noticed but wasn't a big problem was their is only one elevator, our room was on the opposite side of the hotel. Not a problem if your staying for the weekend, but for a week with kids, nope don't bother. This is a business persons hotel. The hallways need new carpet and an update like the lobby area. The rooms are spacious enough and comfortable, HD TVs were nice. The bathroom was large enough and many rooms have balconies overlooking a rather nice courtyard, fitting. The beds quite honestly were not even average. The sleeping was bad for my wife and I, they need updating, period. The courtyard and pool area are very nice, if the weather is nice the courtyard would be great for lounging and taking in some sun after a hard days work. Location might be good for local businesses right near by or mall shopping, but bad for just about anything else, too many lights that take minutes each to get through on busy congested 2 and 4 lane roads. Overall we were pleasantly happy except for the beds...

Room Tip: Courtyard with balcony
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dsl82899
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I stayed with my grandson for one night March 25, 2011. Lobby is nice and newly updated, however, the rooms could use a bit of updating as well. We spent a lot of time at the pool and hot tub, which we definitely enjoyed. We would have liked to have dinner at the Bistro in the hotel lobby, however, according to a note shoved under our door, the Manager, cook or something along that order called in sick, so the Bistro would be closed for the evening. Not a big deal, but definitely inconvenient. Also, I was searching for the ice machine, which ended up being on the other side of the hotel, when I ran into the GM, and she took my ice bucket and filled it in the kitchen. I thought that was very nice, and was extremely appreciated. I have stayed here many times in the past, and probably will again, but I think they need to do some updates to the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I'm a frequent Marriott traveler and usually stay at the Residence Inn down the road in OakBrook, decided to try something different this time. I was highly impressed with this renovated Courtyard. I really liked the little bistro they had in the lobby and had breakfast and dinner there. I was given an upgraded room on the 2nd floor, which turned out to be a nice suite that was bigger room than I usually get at a Residence Inn. For a family, you should ask for this room. Now my room had two double beds which I would have preferred queen size, but regardless, great value for the money.

Only downside is all of the construction going on at the main drag to get to the hotel

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo