All reviewsstores and restaurantsstaff was very friendlypool area isrooms are spaciousfront desk staffnight staynice propertynext morningbusiness centeroak brookbistrolobbychicagoshoppinglombardrenovationdowntown
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Having read previous reviews we didn't expect much. In actuality the hotel has been renovated in the lobby and the staff was very friendly. Our check in was fast, the first issue with the hotel we noticed but wasn't a big problem was their is only one elevator, our room was on the opposite side of the hotel. Not a problem if your staying for the weekend, but for a week with kids, nope don't bother. This is a business persons hotel. The hallways need new carpet and an update like the lobby area. The rooms are spacious enough and comfortable, HD TVs were nice. The bathroom was large enough and many rooms have balconies overlooking a rather nice courtyard, fitting. The beds quite honestly were not even average. The sleeping was bad for my wife and I, they need updating, period. The courtyard and pool area are very nice, if the weather is nice the courtyard would be great for lounging and taking in some sun after a hard days work. Location might be good for local businesses right near by or mall shopping, but bad for just about anything else, too many lights that take minutes each to get through on busy congested 2 and 4 lane roads. Overall we were pleasantly happy except for the beds...

Room Tip: Courtyard with balcony
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dsl82899
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I stayed with my grandson for one night March 25, 2011. Lobby is nice and newly updated, however, the rooms could use a bit of updating as well. We spent a lot of time at the pool and hot tub, which we definitely enjoyed. We would have liked to have dinner at the Bistro in the hotel lobby, however, according to a note shoved under our door, the Manager, cook or something along that order called in sick, so the Bistro would be closed for the evening. Not a big deal, but definitely inconvenient. Also, I was searching for the ice machine, which ended up being on the other side of the hotel, when I ran into the GM, and she took my ice bucket and filled it in the kitchen. I thought that was very nice, and was extremely appreciated. I have stayed here many times in the past, and probably will again, but I think they need to do some updates to the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I'm a frequent Marriott traveler and usually stay at the Residence Inn down the road in OakBrook, decided to try something different this time. I was highly impressed with this renovated Courtyard. I really liked the little bistro they had in the lobby and had breakfast and dinner there. I was given an upgraded room on the 2nd floor, which turned out to be a nice suite that was bigger room than I usually get at a Residence Inn. For a family, you should ask for this room. Now my room had two double beds which I would have preferred queen size, but regardless, great value for the money.

Only downside is all of the construction going on at the main drag to get to the hotel

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I have stayed here many times for the business area I need to be in. The outside is beautiful in the summer, flowers are everywhere, hotel is tucked back in private scenery. You walk inside and the new lobby is very nice and modern. Walk in the rooms and can't beleive how they haven't touched them in years. Those white semi sheer curtains were there as far back as I can remember for at least over 15 yrs. The windows and doors are rusty metal and unattractive. Beds are worn out, linens are limp and dingy. Staff can be very negative when you complain. Rates are low during weekend, high during the week. A lot of major construction on 22nd streetleading into TransAm Plaza..This particlar Courtyard has one elevator on the far south side. Some cell phones do not do well here unless you are on top floor.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2010

The lobby is beautiful and very updated.. however the rooms are just ok... the tub was not as clean as I would have liked it ..the mattress was not comfortable and the rooms have not been updated...not sure if i would stay here for a longer period of time but one night is good enough,,,

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple