All reviewsstores and restaurantsstaff was very friendlypool area isrooms are spaciousfront desk staffnight staynice propertynext morningbusiness centeroak brookbistrolobbychicagoshoppinglombardrenovationdowntown
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I stayed with my grandson for one night March 25, 2011. Lobby is nice and newly updated, however, the rooms could use a bit of updating as well. We spent a lot of time at the pool and hot tub, which we definitely enjoyed. We would have liked to have dinner at the Bistro in the hotel lobby, however, according to a note shoved under our door, the Manager, cook or something along that order called in sick, so the Bistro would be closed for the evening. Not a big deal, but definitely inconvenient. Also, I was searching for the ice machine, which ended up being on the other side of the hotel, when I ran into the GM, and she took my ice bucket and filled it in the kitchen. I thought that was very nice, and was extremely appreciated. I have stayed here many times in the past, and probably will again, but I think they need to do some updates to the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2011

I'm a frequent Marriott traveler and usually stay at the Residence Inn down the road in OakBrook, decided to try something different this time. I was highly impressed with this renovated Courtyard. I really liked the little bistro they had in the lobby and had breakfast and dinner there. I was given an upgraded room on the 2nd floor, which turned out to be a nice suite that was bigger room than I usually get at a Residence Inn. For a family, you should ask for this room. Now my room had two double beds which I would have preferred queen size, but regardless, great value for the money.

Only downside is all of the construction going on at the main drag to get to the hotel

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I have stayed here many times for the business area I need to be in. The outside is beautiful in the summer, flowers are everywhere, hotel is tucked back in private scenery. You walk inside and the new lobby is very nice and modern. Walk in the rooms and can't beleive how they haven't touched them in years. Those white semi sheer curtains were there as far back as I can remember for at least over 15 yrs. The windows and doors are rusty metal and unattractive. Beds are worn out, linens are limp and dingy. Staff can be very negative when you complain. Rates are low during weekend, high during the week. A lot of major construction on 22nd streetleading into TransAm Plaza..This particlar Courtyard has one elevator on the far south side. Some cell phones do not do well here unless you are on top floor.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2010

The lobby is beautiful and very updated.. however the rooms are just ok... the tub was not as clean as I would have liked it ..the mattress was not comfortable and the rooms have not been updated...not sure if i would stay here for a longer period of time but one night is good enough,,,

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2010

We stayed in one of their hotel suites for 3 nights and the fist night I found 1 spider and 1 bug, throughout our stay I found more bugs and then the last night we were staying there I found 2 bugs in our bed and I shook my pants out and a spider flew out. I called down stairs to see if we could switch rooms and the lady was not very nice and ended up switching our rooms on a different floor and on the complete other side of the hotel (this was at 4 am) I asked the front desk if we could leave some of our stuff there and get in the morning at 10 am but she said there was no way we could do that, she would not work with us at all and when we did switch rooms we rerented the same movie that we were watching before we had to switch rooms and they almost didn't take it off our new room charge. The staff was not very friendly and at least 8 bugs/spiders throughout the room. I will NEVER stay at that hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business