Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
  • Pool
$219
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsawesome locationhot breakfastlounge areaa couple timesstay there againyogurtdowntown chicagoroom suiteindoor poolfree breakfastthe sofa bedmini fridgeexercise roomgreat customer servicesaunagulliversdesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This location of this usually wonderful chain has failed to keep up the property. My carpet was so dirty that after walking on it, the bottoms of my feet were black! The window was either dirty or the seal was broken so I could not see out. The bathroom floor was covered with long strands of hair upon my arrival. The free breakfast might have been good if I could have found a place to sit. The dining area is just too small, people were sitting in the lobby trying to balance plates on their laps. The locks for the rooms often do not accept the key cards which means a trip back down to the desk to have the cards reprogrammed. The location near my business meetings kept me there, but I would never again stay at this property.

Room Tip: If you stay here, try to stay on the backside of the property (away from the noise of the street) and close to the center of the hotel near the elevator.l
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Senior_student_10
ComfortSuitesOBT, Manager at Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Senior Student 10;

Thank you for taking time to review your stay. I do wish you would have relayed the deficiencies with your suite prior to your check out. Had we been made aware you were unhappy we could have given you a different suite and corrected the issues with your original suite and you would have enjoyed your 3 day stay.

I do appreciate you informing me of the carpet however when we are made aware of a situation at check out we are unable to correct the issue. I do wish you luck on future travels.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stay here for special occasions and always get the jacuzzi suite. The rooms are clean and spacious and the staff is friendly. The beds and linen are super comfortable. There are alot of great restaurants and shopping nearby. You cant go wrong with the location and price of this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear KK 1974;

Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased you enjoy and frequent our hotel. If there is anything I can do to make your stays more enjoyable please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

This is my go-to hotel when I venture out into the western burbs. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. They even offer a hot breakfast in the mornings....a rare find! Especially for the affordable price. The room we got even had a nice jacuzzi in the middle of it. It was very big and perfect after a long day of shopping. In the morning, we got a quick swim in at the indoor pool and ventured out again to shop. They are right across the street from Oak Brook Shopping Mall and not too far from the Premium Outlets in Aurora. We make sure we come to this hotel at least twice a year. It helps us save money so that we have more to spend on ourselves at the malls!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a jacuzzi in it
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear SarahC143;

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience at Comfort Suites, Oakbrook Terrace. We truly appreciate your kind words.

We look forward to hosting you in the future and please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your future stays more enjoyable.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at Comfort Suites in Oakbrook Terrace just the comforts of home and a splendid staff always in hand to answer Questions and immediate assistance. CSOBT is the place to stays when visiting Chicago

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Maple44;

We are so pleased you consistantly enjoy your visits to our property. Thank you for taking time to share your experience with other travelers.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to make your stays more enjoyable.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

the room we got faced roosevelt- too noisy to sleep and the light from the post shined right into our room! The room had a funny odor upon going in; two of the lights were out in the living room suite part and made it a bit dark. the room overall was clean so it appeared) so i didnt complain - didnt realize how noisy and bright it was until the kids were asleep. breakfast - our first attempt - there was no seating- we went later and had to split the family into two tables of two to eat. can't understand why the terrace room that looked like it was for breakfast overflow- which was unlocked night before was locked that morning. still okay though.... until we checked the pool. we went there just to go to the pool for the kids. its in the basement, dark , standing water on the floor, so cloudy you really couldnt see the bottom. the ceiling tiles were failing in - NOTHING like th picture! We were so grossed out we didnt swim . we even went down in the morning again thinking it was the lighting but no- still very cloudy water. as croweded as breakfast was- wouldnt you think its weird that only two guests were int he pool the first time and nobody the second?- no waste of money since this is the only reason we came. we got a good deal onthe price, but if i had to do it over i would pay more for something better. So we hung in our room with the disappointed kids trying to make something of this visit. The suite was nice, the furntiure was very old, scratched up and the tv connection wasnt great. but i was okay with the stay as long as it was fairly clean. It was not like the photos on the website- let alone the lovely room photos on the main corporate site. misleading.... anyway- i dont usually complain but the kicker was my kids found a condom wrapper on the floor under the fringe of the bed- made me wonder how clean this place really was. i said something at check out and even told her i left her the present so she knew i wasnt making it up; was not happy the kids picked it up and wanted to know what it was! All I got was "oh sorry". not really enough for my liking. or for my poor kids who got this surprise on top of no swimming! Will not be going to go back to the comfort brand if it is really this deceiving- and definately never this hotel- beware! I left my comments on their company website too- happy to talk to someone if i have to so this place gets brought up to par of the other two/three star hotels we have visted in the area during the year!

Room Tip: dont want a pool and pick a room away from the road- hopefully yours will be more modern and maybe we just got a bad pick ( thir floor)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Naesnayr;

Let me start by sincerely and truly apologizing for the follie of mishaps that took place during your stay. I am sincerely sorry for all the the challenges you and your family faced. The rooms facing Roosevelt Road do tend to pick up residual noise from the traffic. Some of our guests notice it greatly are are disturbed by it, other don't notice it at all. We make every effort to make our guests aware that we do face a busy street and have booking options that reflect that. When making reservations guests have the option to book 'facing highway' or 'away from highway'. It is unfortunate that this option was missed when your reservation was made.

With regard to the wrapper found under the bedskirt I can assure you this is an isolated incident. It is with sincerity that I apologize that that was left behind and not removed by our housekeeping staff. I do thank you for brining this to our attention so we could make certain it does not happen again. I appreciate your candor and calm demeanor when reporting this.

We do hope you decide to give our property a try in the future so you can experience our property.