“Very comfortable rooms and great bargain”

Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
GreenLeadersBronze level
dallas, texas
“Very comfortable rooms and great bargain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Checked into the hotel late in the afternoon without incident, I made this reservation based off reviews from Tripadvisor. The rooms were nice and clean and the staff was very pleasant to deal with and continental breakfast was rather good, since they had one type of hot meat and eggs, bread, yogurt, boiled eggs, cereal, hot coffee, and fresh fruit. The selection was fresh and hot the presentation and selection was great. My only issue is that I was staying in the room on the front main road and the road noise in the morning and evening was more than I preferred, I would recommend double pane windows.

Room Tip: Rooms on the backside are probably quieter than the rooms facing the street. WiFi, connection slows...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
ComfortSuitesOBT, Manager at Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear JFCDallas;

We are pleased you enjoy your stays with us and we truly appreciate you taking time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Comfort Suites, Oakbrook Terrace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Vista, Ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nice size suite with 2 rooms and door between. There is a window in the living area which was something I had never seen in a Comfort Suite. Unfortunately, I think that window contributed to noise from other areas inside the hotel like the adjacent rooms. The window also took away from space that could have been used to make the tiny bathroom larger. We had a suite away from the street and on the top floor and did not have any street noise. The furniture is dated and looked funny but everything worked and was clean. Nice excersize room in the basement. Good buffet breakfast, standard Comfort Suites, but person maning the buffet provided excellent service and restocking. Parking lot might be an issue since we came back in the rain and found the last spot and cars came after us so not sure where they parked. At times hard to get into or out of hotel lot due to busy, busy road in front with endless cars zipping by. While not stylish, a good solid place to stay and we are returning at the end of our trip outside the Chicago area.

Room Tip: Top floor on back for view of trees and no road noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ComfortSuitesOBT, Manager at Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Dear PopTopBob;

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for taking time to share your experience with others.

Should you find yourself in the Oak Brook area this time next year we would enjoy hosting you again!
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

We paid extra to stay in the rear lower floor suite which I thought was a rip off. The room was nothing special and frankly i didn't think the noise from the road would have made any difference to our stay. Front desk was always helpful and had smiles all day. Tiffany was especially nice and made us feel welcome. We stayed for 6 days and never once used the swimming pool because frankly it didn't look too appealing. The water looked cloudy most of the time we were there.

Breakfast was standard fair but after a few days a lot more variety would have been appreciated.

The lady who cleaned our room was very pleasant and with 3 kids in tow we always came back to a very clean room. First visit to Chicago with the family and we found the commute into downtown straightforward.

We will probably stay elsewhere next time but not because of the service. A decent place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the rear rooms. Not worth the money.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ComfortSuitesOBT, Manager at Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review your stay.

With regard to the cloudy appearance of the pool, we use Bromine in our pool in place of Chlorine. Bromine will leave a cloudy appearance in the water and has a different scent than chlorine, it is also more gentle on your skin. I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
New Bern, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past years, nothing has changed with the service as it is still excellent. the hotel pretty much stayed the same.
Rooms are very comfortable and boast 3 separate rooms living, bedroom & bathroom.
I like the charging station on the desk which includes the USB ports.
a great choice of restaurants are very close by within walking distance.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back of the hotel away from the main road.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ComfortSuitesOBT, Manager at Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear edodowd;

We are pleased you enjoy your stays with us and we truly appreciate you taking time to share y our experience. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Calumet City, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed for one night. 7-25 thru 7-26. Lady at the front desk that checked me in was very pleasant. The room smelled of mildew from the carpets, which was a huge turn off. Other than that the room was okay. I kept having trouble with the internet connection.The front desk clerk in the evening wasn't pleasant at all when notified about the issue. Wouldn't recommend for an extended stay

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kelly32084
Dear Kelly32084:

I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay as much as you could have. I do wish you would have contacted us regarding the odor in your suite so we could have moved you to a new one and remedied the issue in the original suite.

Thank you for sharing with us your experience with the front desk agent, as I have a staff meeting scheduled and will address this issue immediately.

I do hope next time you are in the Oakbrook Terrace area you will give us a second chance and you can experience the superior customer service we provide.

Augusta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I had a friend drop me off at the hotel, it was a little dirty & shabby. My room was on the first floor with windows directly outside. I informed Jessyca at the front desk that as a singe woman who travels frequently, I could not stay in that room, she said that the hotel "was full up" and I could not change. So I did visit room 111 trying to remain objective. It was horrible ~ dark and dirty! Honestly bare feet on the carpet would not have been an option.

I was told to take it or leave it, but I was going to pay for it. As I was trying to talk with a manager (none on site untill Monday morning!!!!!) people were yelling to the front desk that they were stuck on the third floor in the elevator! Jessyca could not have cared less. My friend returned and took me to a safe hotel.

Please be advised that when you call 1-800-424-6423 to complain they may transfer you to customer service. If it is "after hours 5PM local time" they just hang up on you. After calling back 3 time I finally got a manager who explained they only take reservations and they work for the hotel. The hotel is locally owned and can do what they want. Really? Well my calls have not been returned and a charge hit my credit card today..

So, Laveen [---] & Geri [----], hotel "managers" please reconsider this bogus charge. I have requested that my company prohibits staying at ALL Comfort Suite Hotels. SueH

Room Tip: PLEASE stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
ComfortSuitesOBT, Manager at Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Dear susan h;

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay as much as you could have. We make every effort to ensure guests are aware of their booking options, such as 1 st floor, upper level, facing highway etc. Unfortunately, sometimes when using a travel agency, the agency does not always let the guest know what their booking options are. It is regretful that when your reservaton was booked, the Agent did not share the suite location details.

A suggestion to help avoid disappointment in the future would be to contact the hotel directly after a reservation has been made through an agency to let them know first hand any special requests to ensure they are properly addressed.

I do hope this clears up any future confusion.

Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here for one night at the start of a 3 week road trip from Chicago to Las Vegas.
The room and bathroom were clean and tidy, although the bathroom was a bit on the small size but on the plus side the extractor fan worked well. Plenty of hot water with a good flow rate at the shower head. Only downside, the basin area is within the room not in the bathroom. Good size fridge freezer with microwave on top. Two good size flat screen TVs, although the remotes could have been better and some channels were a bit fuzzy! Beds comfortable, furniture was interesting had a ‘stressed‘ look about it. WiFi good.
Complimentary breakfast with a reasonable selection in pleasant surroundings. Pool looked good but unfortunately didn’t use it. There is ample free car parking and the
staff were very friendly and welcoming. A plus…they have various recycling bins on each floors corridor!

The only problem we accounted on entering the room was a window that would not close so street traffic was a very noticeable. Mentioned this to the reception and we were promptly moved to another room at the back.

Overall a very pleasant stay if only for one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dear Hotrod855;

Thank you so much for taking time out of your three week adventure to let us know how you liked your stay. We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit, although brief, to our property. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation and hopefully you were able to bring some money back from Vega$.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
#5 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbro...
#6 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Schaumburg

Been to Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!