Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsawesome locationhot breakfastlounge areaa couple timesstay there againyogurtdowntown chicagoroom suiteindoor poolfree breakfastthe sofa bedmini fridgeexercise roomgreat customer servicesaunagulliversdesk
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed for one night. 7-25 thru 7-26. Lady at the front desk that checked me in was very pleasant. The room smelled of mildew from the carpets, which was a huge turn off. Other than that the room was okay. I kept having trouble with the internet connection.The front desk clerk in the evening wasn't pleasant at all when notified about the issue. Wouldn't recommend for an extended stay

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly32084
ComfortSuitesOBT, Manager at Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Kelly32084:

I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay as much as you could have. I do wish you would have contacted us regarding the odor in your suite so we could have moved you to a new one and remedied the issue in the original suite.

Thank you for sharing with us your experience with the front desk agent, as I have a staff meeting scheduled and will address this issue immediately.

I do hope next time you are in the Oakbrook Terrace area you will give us a second chance and you can experience the superior customer service we provide.

Comfort Suites, Oakbrook Terrace

Reviewed July 19, 2012

I had a friend drop me off at the hotel, it was a little dirty & shabby. My room was on the first floor with windows directly outside. I informed Jessyca at the front desk that as a singe woman who travels frequently, I could not stay in that room, she said that the hotel "was full up" and I could not change. So I did visit room 111 trying to remain objective. It was horrible ~ dark and dirty! Honestly bare feet on the carpet would not have been an option.

I was told to take it or leave it, but I was going to pay for it. As I was trying to talk with a manager (none on site untill Monday morning!!!!!) people were yelling to the front desk that they were stuck on the third floor in the elevator! Jessyca could not have cared less. My friend returned and took me to a safe hotel.

Please be advised that when you call 1-800-424-6423 to complain they may transfer you to customer service. If it is "after hours 5PM local time" they just hang up on you. After calling back 3 time I finally got a manager who explained they only take reservations and they work for the hotel. The hotel is locally owned and can do what they want. Really? Well my calls have not been returned and a charge hit my credit card today..

So, Laveen [---] & Geri [----], hotel "managers" please reconsider this bogus charge. I have requested that my company prohibits staying at ALL Comfort Suite Hotels. SueH

Room Tip: PLEASE stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank susan h
ComfortSuitesOBT, Manager at Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear susan h;

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay as much as you could have. We make every effort to ensure guests are aware of their booking options, such as 1 st floor, upper level, facing highway etc. Unfortunately, sometimes when using a travel agency, the agency does not always let the guest know what their booking options are. It is regretful that when your reservaton was booked, the Agent did not share the suite location details.

A suggestion to help avoid disappointment in the future would be to contact the hotel directly after a reservation has been made through an agency to let them know first hand any special requests to ensure they are properly addressed.

I do hope this clears up any future confusion.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stayed here for one night at the start of a 3 week road trip from Chicago to Las Vegas.
The room and bathroom were clean and tidy, although the bathroom was a bit on the small size but on the plus side the extractor fan worked well. Plenty of hot water with a good flow rate at the shower head. Only downside, the basin area is within the room not in the bathroom. Good size fridge freezer with microwave on top. Two good size flat screen TVs, although the remotes could have been better and some channels were a bit fuzzy! Beds comfortable, furniture was interesting had a ‘stressed‘ look about it. WiFi good.
Complimentary breakfast with a reasonable selection in pleasant surroundings. Pool looked good but unfortunately didn’t use it. There is ample free car parking and the
staff were very friendly and welcoming. A plus…they have various recycling bins on each floors corridor!

The only problem we accounted on entering the room was a window that would not close so street traffic was a very noticeable. Mentioned this to the reception and we were promptly moved to another room at the back.

Overall a very pleasant stay if only for one night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Hotrod855;

Thank you so much for taking time out of your three week adventure to let us know how you liked your stay. We are very pleased you enjoyed your visit, although brief, to our property. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation and hopefully you were able to bring some money back from Vega$.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice sized room. Front desk staff very helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear mickiraye;

We are pleased you enjoyed stay and thank you for taking time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you during future stays.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

I paid $64 + tax through Bookit.com. I was a first time booker and got a $10 discount plus it was a Sunday night. I normally pay way more and get way less. The 2 room suite was very nice. The frontdesk people were very friendly. The free breakfast included scrambled eggs and sausage which was a pleasant surprise. The only negative is that we had a room by the very busy road. Traffic died down later at night. Oakbrooke Terrace is in a decent part of town. The suburb of Westmont, where we ate dinner, is close-very nice area.

Room Tip: If you want complete quiet, ask for a room in the back-it will probably cost more.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Debra B;

Thank you for taking time from your schedule to share your experience with Comfort Suites, Oakbrook Terrace, IL. We are truly pleased you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words.

We look forward to hosting your hotel needs should you find yourself back in the area.