“Upscale Greek Restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Chicago
“Upscale Greek Restaurant”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Opa opened where Costa's used to be. They redesigned the bar, so chairs are only on one side and there are still tables in the bar area (with TV's). Seating is a little close in the restaurant but not too close. The noise level is low. Very nicely decorated and a huge fireplace in the corner. Service was excellent! We had a large group and most were very happy with their meals. We also had a round table, which made talking to each other so much easier than a long table. Portions are huge! I had braised lamb and orzo. It came in a large crock and was already taken off the bone. Much of mine had a lot of fat on it, (which braised lamb normally has) so I prefer it left on the bone. The taste was wonderful, with the exception of trying to remove the less desirable pieces. They also have a combination selection, which was a nice option. With a couple of drinks, appetizers, dinner and tip it was $50 per person. Everyone else seemed very satisfied with their dinners and all had a great time. I would return again.

Chicago, Illinois
“Good Greek Food, Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My husband and I started out at the bar, where the bartender was making killer martinis. The bar was relaxed and comfortable. I can imagine hanging out there for drinks and a few apps. We then moved to the dining room and loved the atmosphere. The tables are somewhat close together, yet it isn't loud and feels intimate. Our waiter was fantastic, very enthusiastic and friendly, but not hovering. All of the food we ordered was freshly prepared and very good. We ate at a very relaxed pace and never felt rushed. It was a nice contrast to that other Greek restaurant in Lombard, which in my opinion has become a bit of a factory, with unfriendly service, food on your table in 5 minutes, and a "move em in, move em out" mentality. From now on, Opa Estiatorio will be our Greek restaurant of choice in the western suburbs.

Villa Park, Illinois
“Very good food with great service”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I went here with another couple and we truly enjoyed ourselves.

Our server was very friendly and the service was great.

Everything we ordered was very tasty. I would highly recommend the Grecian Chicken if you can wait the 25 minutes as it is bone in and very good.

Not sure how the restaurant is different from the old Costa's, it looked almost the same inside and the menu was not that different.

We will be back again but remember not to fill up on the bread...I know I will.

Elmhurst, Illinois
“Excellent Greek Food”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I went on 1/4/14. The service was outstanding. Our server answered any questions we had. The Taramousalada -I'm probably not spelling it correctly but was the best we ever had as an appetizer. We both had the sample plates. You can order two different entrees. I ordered there greek chicken and euros-again probably wrong spelling but both were awesome. My husband loved his entree as well. Unfortunately it was not that crowded for a Saturday which is a shame. The restaurant is very clean with beautiful hard wood floors and white table cloths. Hopeful more people will go to this restaurant. It is now a favorite of ours.

Visited January 2014
Villa Park, Illinois
“Was costa's now Opa's”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We were a bit disappointed with this restaurant. Food came out of the kitchen cold and my Gyro meat was very dried out. Only one other couple was in the restaurant so our waiter hovered over us. Prices were a bit high for the amount and quality of the food.

• Visited November 2013