This is my first Staybridge stay, and I am glad I chose this hotel from a handful nearby. First of all, the kind and professional staff makes up for any renovation underway. It's obvious the staff have pride in their jobs. The renovations are going to be beautiful - spacious, comfortable great room with fireplace and outdoor deck overlooking a marshy area. The rooms are very comfortable - large couch with chaise end and two rolling ottomans, comfortable bed, mini kitchen with silverware, dishes, cooking stuff, fridge, dishwasher, coffee maker, etc. Nice roomy desk, fast internet connection. Big bathroom, closet and drawers. It's on a quiet kind of dead-end/unfinished road adjacent to office buildings. Can't really walk to much, but their shuttle will take you anywhere within 5 miles - you just sign up at front desk for drop off and pick up times daily (from like 4pm to 8:30pm). I can't say enough about how nice the drivers were, especially the guy who was also an engineer. There are two big malls nearby - the Oakbrook Center is beautiful with TONS of restaurants and ritzy shopping; the Yorktown is more generic/indoor with a Target nearby. The gym was very hot as it's in same room as laundry. I would like to suggest they consider mounting a fan above the treadmills. Thankfully the weather was nice and I could go for a run outside. Plenty of laundry machines. Free breakfast daily, free social hour with appetizers on Tues/Wed/Thurs with free wine/beer. If you need a taxi for airport, ask the desk they will give you name and corporate account number for a flat rate so you don't get ripped off from unsavory taxi services. I'd also like to suggest to management they consider getting robes - make them available for use while there and purchase upon departure if you want (so they don't lose money from anyone taking them). This is a very nice place to stay. Good luck with your renovations!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites Chicago-Oak Brook is an all suite upgraded hotel located ideally in the heart of the new renaissance business district of Oakbrook. Each suite, features fully-equipped kitchens complete with pots, pans, dishes and utensils. Double bed sofa sleeper in each suite. Work area is well lit with an expansive desk and ergonomical chair, free high-speed WiFi Internet in suite & throughout entire hotel. Two phone lines with a direct dial phone number and personalized voice mail. Free bountiful hot breakfast buffet is offered every morning. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening a Sundowner Reception offers a lite dinner entree with free beer, wine and sodas. Library, business center, board room, free guest laundry, fitness center and whirlpool tub. Located 20 miles from downtown Chicago/McCormick Place. Negotiated Corporate rates available. Headquarter hotel for: Joint Commission, MicroTek, SAP, Exelon, McDonald's Corp, IBM, Crowe Horwath, GE, Elkay, & BrainLab. Favored hotel for patients and visitors to Loyola Medical Center in Maywood. Free shuttle to & from office and area attractions. Free ample Parking. Motorcoach Tour groups most welcomed. Close to popular attractions Brookfield Zoo, Morton Arboretum, numerous Golf Courses, two extensive shopping malls. Pet friendly hotel (pet fees & restrictions do apply!). Guaranteed check in time is 3:00 PM daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace Hotel Oakbrook Terrace
- Staybridge Suites Oakbrook Terrace
- Oakbrook Terrace Staybridge Suites