“Pleasant Stay”

Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Very nice accommodations, quiet and great breakfast. The amenities were great. Business center and nice fitness area. Breakfast staff was always nice and friendly. Front desk was on target. It's been a long time since I've had this kind of customer service at a hotel.

Room Tip: 1st floor was nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Drosto M
Jeff F, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Num1Adam,

It was great to hear that our staff provided such excellent service. We take pride in what we do and we love to hear that our guests have enjoyed their time with us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

What a comfortable stay I have had here. I was told this property is up for a remodel, and I sat in my room and thought, really? It is so nice now!!! The bedding is so very comfortable. My room had all the utensils I needed to fix a meal. And I liked the size of the ice cubes the frig makes for you. Granted I have been in other staybridge hotels that have the granite kitchens, large flat screens etc but this place was really nice.
The folks who run it are very caring and even called to check if there was anything else I needed to make my stay more complete. The breakfast, which being around the thanksgiving holiday had more families than a business traveler is used to seeing, was very satisfying even though I had to stand up to eat it!!
I would stay here again in the futre hands down.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed at this property for 5 days. The breakfast in the morning and Social hour at night helped us stay on budget. We had a car so we had to pay for parking $30 to $35 everyday we visited downtown Chicago. It was a great place to stay and it was in a very nice neighborhood. Would stay there again. Just no pool for kids.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2013

The suites are an excellent value for the family traveler. Suite can
be a King size or two double beds. Kitchen is compact and serves
the short term needs. Pretty spacious. Breakfast is okay but the
variety of food is good. Waffle machine but no pancake machine!!!

Room Tip: Couch pulls out to be a double sleeper. Can sleep up to six per suite.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This was my first time to stay at Staybridge Suites; and I was favorably impressed, overall. The price quoted, condition of the room/efficiency suite, afternoon social hour and meals provided were wonderful. My only disappointment was the barking dog across the hall for both nights I was there. I always ask to not be placed near animals/pets, which was ignored for the first time. This chain advertises "pet friendly", so beware. My entreaty to be moved was not acted upon. Instead, I was placated with 15,000 bonus points whiuch did not get me a free night as the front desk manager told me it would.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Louise2162013
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for several nights while on a business trip to the Chicago area. The hotel was convenient to my work place (within walking distance), as well as several restaurants.

The rooms were spacious and clean. The full size refrigerator was great for maintaining some ice cream I purchased and I used the microwave to make some popcorn.

I didn't take part in the breakfast but it appeared that there were plenty of choices. I used the exercise room each morning. They have a couple of treadmills, an elliptical machine, a recumbent bike and a multi-purpose weight machine.

The hotel also features a large community area with a big television. For those interested in extended stays, they have washers / dryers for your laundry.

Overall this was a very good hotel. I would definitely stay again if I return to the area.

Room Tip: My room was on the second floor on the front side of the hotel and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night at this property; location is great for access to local restaurants and services, as well as commercial business in the area. Located on a quiet cul de sac across from private corporate housing and an office complex.

Condition of hotel was quite good, although the room I stayed in could have used a slight renovation; kitchen was dated, and bathroom was a bit worn. However it was quite clean, and large in square footage.

Breakfast in morning was decent (although the eggs were a bit rubbery) and staff was pleasant and accommodating.

Only drawback was the fire alarm being set off at 10:30 pm (due to burnt food) but overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Chris M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

ktown_traveller04,

I am glad you enjoyed our hotel. We do have larger rooms than most hotels and keep it as quiet as possible for our guests. With our fully equipped kitchens in every room, we do occasionally have a guest overcook popcorn which the smoke will set off the alarms. I apologize for that inconvenience and hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook

Been to Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!