“Not too bad....”

Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night at this property; location is great for access to local restaurants and services, as well as commercial business in the area. Located on a quiet cul de sac across from private corporate housing and an office complex.

Condition of hotel was quite good, although the room I stayed in could have used a slight renovation; kitchen was dated, and bathroom was a bit worn. However it was quite clean, and large in square footage.

Breakfast in morning was decent (although the eggs were a bit rubbery) and staff was pleasant and accommodating.

Only drawback was the fire alarm being set off at 10:30 pm (due to burnt food) but overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
Chris M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

ktown_traveller04,

I am glad you enjoyed our hotel. We do have larger rooms than most hotels and keep it as quiet as possible for our guests. With our fully equipped kitchens in every room, we do occasionally have a guest overcook popcorn which the smoke will set off the alarms. I apologize for that inconvenience and hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed in this place for three nights as a family and found the place very comfortable with spacious rooms, ample space and basic kitchen needs. Excellent breakfast served in a place with comfortable seating. Ample parking space is available at the hotel.

Room Tip: Opt for a suite with two bed rooms if you are a large family and prefer a room closer to main lobby.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Chris M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

sridharan2013,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our rooms are very spacious and with the fully equipped kitchen are great for families. It is great you had a chance to enjoy our breakfast buffet in our great room. Thank you so much for your feedback and look forward to seeing you next time you visit the Oakbrook area.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The facilities in this hotel is okay but the service is completely terrible. The manager is rude and kind of impatient. I have booked a two beds suite for three nights a month ago. But the hotel did not contact me to updates the reservation. When I arrived there, they told me there is no two beds suite for me. What they offered was upgrading the suite with $100/night fee or staying in the one bed suite. The manager refused to cancel the reservation and charged the full price. What makes me very uncomfortable is their attitude is terribly arrogant and they only cared about money instead of the feeling of customers. That maybe how they run their business.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Chris M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Zege,

I am dissappointed we did not meet your expectations. Sometimes when you book through a 3rd party website it can be confusing. I suggest the next time you book a reservation to go to the hotels website or call the hotel directly to avoid any misunderstanding. Thank you for the feedback and we will communicate to the 3rd party websites to try and make it more clear for our travelors.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Until this morning, I would have said that this property was a near perfect place for my husband, daughter, dog, cat & I to stay during a move. Moves are stressful, but the hot breakfast daily, great coffee, FREE use of washers and dryers and convenient location added up to a great place to stay. Then I woke up to find my cat missing and panicked. I went to the front desk, and they told me that yes, they'd found her. They took me to a vacant hotel room, where they'd set her up with a litter tray, food and water. She was still scared and hiding under the bed, BUT I was so appreciative of their great care of her. Thanks Staybridge for your amazing staff! and a TOP RATED stay!

Room Tip: This is a quiet "office park" sort of area, so all the rooms are find.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Chris M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

bctravels54,

We are so glad you love our hotel and our staff. This is exactly the kind of culture we have created and love to hear we are delivering it. We are happy you were reunited with you cat, as we know our pets are like our children. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

It's hard to formulate an appropriate review considering the conflicting circumstances. Where do I start, I know, with the positive.

This hotels had to have one of the best group of staff members that you could EVER ask for! Everyone was extremely nice, friendly, and helpful... I mean, above and beyond helpful. That was a pleasant surprise. Now for the cons.

My room (#218) had to be one of the most pitiful rooms that I've ever stayed in at a 3 star joint. The carpet looked wet, like it had just been cleaned earlier that morning, but it wasn't. There was this huge red stain in the middle of the living room floor, and it reeked of sourness (is that even a word) or wet dog maybe. I know that families with kids tend to get the crappier rooms, but we weren't given the crappy room discount. We actually paid a premium I believe.

Then, to make matters worse, there was this huge pee stain on the couchbed mattress. I had to get several plastic trash bags to cover it up and use multiple blankets from the closet before I let my kids go to sleep on it. The icing on the cake was the manager's reception. The guy that was cooking the burgers, dogs, and links was super nice. But he unintentionally got my wife and I sick. I was on the plane early the next morning nauseated from eating undercooked meat. Apparently he made my family and I some brats on the grill outside. They were pretty seared, so I assumed that they were done. Only after breaking off the third link as I was eating did I notice that the meat was still RAW in the center. But of course it was too late by then. At least I didn't have to puke it up.

That, and the only other thing was that it took an hour to get to the airport (MDW) from this hotel, so plan accordingly. Oh, and there's no pool... but even if there was, you'd probably want to stay indoors due to the shear number of bugs and critters that call this area home. There's this marsh area across the street that seems to just attract them.

2  Thank Rabalicious
Chris M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Rabalicious,

I am sorry to hear we did not deliver the quality we strive to give each of our guests. Cleanliness is obviously a very important part of our business and we take pride in delivering that to each guest. Would you please contact me directly, as I would like to talk with you personally about this situation. I can be reached at 630-953-9393.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Rooms are clean, breakfast is OK (better than average 3*). Front desk is very attentive and friendly. Sofabed in our room was broken. They moved us to another room and waived one night fee. Location isn't close to anything, but it works if you have a car.

CanRu,

I am dissapointed to hear about the sofabed. I will have maintenance look into that immediately. Happy to hear the front desk took care of you and I hope you were satisfied with the resolution. I hope to see you again soon and I appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is one of my favorite hideouts. It's conveniently located, the rooms are quite spacious, and the prices are usually very reasonable. Also the staff is accommodating and the breakfast is excellent. I would recommend, and have recommended, this hotel to others.

• Stayed: March 2013

DMMcBride,

I am happy to hear you love our hotel. Our staff is trained to meet your every need and it makes us proud to hear they have been meeting your expectations. I appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you stay again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terra...
#3 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook

Been to Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!