“nice hotel”

Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Reviewed March 16, 2013

stayed here for 3 nights over Presidents day for a volleyball tournament in Aurora. Rooms were large with a full size fridge, microwave, dishwasher and stove as well as pot/pans/dishes. Bed was ok (not great and not terrible). Daughter said the pullout couch was 'fine' (she slept pretty soundly so you decide). The bathroom was standard, small counters but great water pressure (and drain worked great). Hotel is off a 'main' street that has TONS of shopping and restaurants. Daily breakfast was really good, had several hot entrees (usually 1 meat and 1 egg choice at least). Tons of free parking. Fitness center was adequate for the size of hotel.
My only complaint was the lack of housekeeping on the weekends which means you have to take your towels to the front desk to exchange them...which I normally wouldn't have a problem with except here there seemed to only ever be 1 person working at the desk...had to make several trips down there before I actually ever got them exchanged (kept getting the little sign that said...sorry we are off helping another guest at the present and will return soon)...but then for 89.00 night I really can't complain.
Oh and this is a dog friendly hotel so be warned.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank elphie1162
36LauraM15636, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for noticing our full hot breakfast buffet with lots of choices, always a favorite with our guests, especially the Belgium Waffles!
Yes our property is close to all the great restaurants and shopping yet off the main streets so it is a nice quiet place to be.
We are happy to hear your daughter slept well, that is a great compliment.

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We just used the Staybridge for the Winter meeting of the Energy Providers Coaliation for Education. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The breakfast and light dinner were a welcome bonus. The staff was awesome and very accomodating. I will definitely book the Staybridge again for meeting or for traveling collegues.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
36LauraM15636, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you Kathy for the wonderful review. The management takes great pride in our lovely property and are very friendly staff. We are pleased to have served your group and look forward to seeing them again. Our employees spoke for days about the pleasant people that you had booked with us.
We thank you for your continued support.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel 6 months straight on business and the staff there is awesome. They have a social 4 days a week just in case you don't have time to cook dinner. They also have a shuttle that runs you wherever you need to go within a 5 mile radius. They even offered me rides during non operating hours. I would recommend this place to anyone just for the experience even if you are not looking for a long term stay.

• Stayed: March 2013

We are so pleased to have had you with us for the last several months and will really miss you when you are gone. I am glad that you were able to see our staff go above and beyond to serve you. It has truly been a pleaure working with you and thank you so much for spreading the nice words about our lovely extended stay property.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

There wasn't anything great about the hotel- the people were very nice and for the most part it was clean overall. For my stay, I arrived late at night and left early the next morning, so what sticks in my mind was that the bedding smelled very musty as if it was old and in need of replacing. Also, the water in the shower really smells like chlorine- much worse than I have experienced in other hotels. I wasn't around long enough to have breakfast or see anything else here. To be honest, I would stay here again, I just wouldn't go so far as to rate it that highly.

Also, in the room I was in, they either completely missed cleaning the kitchen counter, or maybe those were stains that were permanent- either way, it looked pretty gross.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
36LauraM15636, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

We are very happy that you chose us for your stay. We take pride in the cleanliness of our property and do everything in our power to ensure each guests enjoys a very clean room and fresh linens. We hope next time you can take part in the full hot breakfast buffet, it is a favorite extra amongst our regular guests.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I read the reviews before booking and some were mediocre but I booked anyway because of the room size. I though this was a great place. And I am a road warrior and travel for business often. The space in my suite was ample with a bedroom area, a large couch/sitting area, a desk area and a kitchen -- which really makes a one week stay easier than in a standard hotel room. The breakfast included hot items - not just muffins and coffee. The staff was pleasant and attentive and they have the softest pillows I have ever found in any hotel. I actually cannot think of a bad thing to say about this place!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank vcallahan
Chris M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

We appreciate the great feedback. Our number one goal is to make every guest feel like part of our family when visiting the Staybridge Suites Oakbrook Terrace. It makes me extremely proud to hear that our staff was on top of things. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

We had total of 9 rooms staying at this hotel for one week for our family wedding. Check-in was efficient. Rooms were very clean and the staff were nice. One of our rooms had a problem with toilet twice in a row and the maintenance person fixed the problem right away both times. Breakfast was okay, but didn't have the omelette station that was offered at another Staybridge we stayed in VA. One big drawback is their Internet service. The speed of their Internet service was so slow that I ended up just using the signal from my iphone. It was almost like a modem speed in one of the rooms we had. This maybe a problem for business travelers needing high speed Internet access. Overall, our stay was decent. I would stay at this hotel again for a family/leisure travel purpose.

Room Tip: Some rooms have better Internet connection than others.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank blue24060
Chris M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We value your comments and have made adjustments accordingly.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've stayed at Staybridge Suites twice for long-term stays for business reasons. This is a great hotel regardless of how long your stay, but if you're planning to stay in the Chicago suburbs area for longer than a week I highly recommend the Staybridge Suites. Their rooms are large and have all the amenities for longer stays with good full sized kitchen areas. If your not interested in cooking for yourself then take advantage of the free full service hot breakfast and light dinners served on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday nights. Another great feature is the free laundry machines! I've had long term stays at other hotels and had to pay up to $2.00 each for a washer and dryer, so having this service for free is a welcome change. The best part of the hotel is the staff! They are always friendly and offer great customer service. Anytime I needed assistance they were prompt and professional. So, what are some of the downfalls of the hotel. Only a couple of minor ones. The location isn't within walking distance of restaurants, so if you'll need a car to drive to places for eating or shopping. The internet speeds are average, but this is typical of busy hotels with lots of guests plugging into the internet or using the WiFi. The hotel is a little dated, but its clean and meets all of my needs as a frequent traveler. Overall the customer service of the staff and the amenities of long-stay hotel make Staybridge Suites a great option!

Room Tip: This is a pet friendly hotel, so if you don't like the sound of barking dogs request a room away...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for the excellent feedback. It sounds as if you took advantage of all of our amenities. We are proud of the customer service we provide and are happy you enjoyed your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terra...
#3 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook

Been to Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!