“Excellent Hotel and service”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Excellent Hotel and service”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

My stay was very pleasant, all the staff was very polite and helpful from the front desk to the staff in the breakfast area. Excellent location, comfortable and very clean rooms. I would recommend this property for business and pleasure without a doubt.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Chris H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for your review! We are only as good as our service and we GUARANTEE your satisfaction.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Fort Wayne, United States
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I was unknowingly billed an additional 25.00 charge for checking in early, and I left my computer mouse in the room at check out and could not retrieve it. Otherwise the stay was fine. I tried to inquire about restaurants and eateries in the area and the staff was too busy to discuss with me. It could be that my expectation was high coming in, but to be honest I am not Hilton guy, although I have heard from others who truly enjoyed their stays with Hilton.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chris H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Calvin,
Thank you again for bringing this to my attention. As I mentioned we do charge an early arrival fee and do send notice of this in our prearrival emails. That said we will review with our team who should have made you aware of this charge upon check in. If within an hour or so of check in time of 3pm we will normally waive this. As well I am sorry we could not locate your mouse but will contact you if it shows up.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Charged 25.00 for checking in at 10:30, when there was a room available. Chicago was getting 8 inches of snow, so I left early to beat the snow and the traffic in Chicago. I am 62 and did not want to be stuck in the traffic, as my company had a function at the hotel. They let me check in but charged me the 25.00 regardless of the reason.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chris H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am sorry we did not do a better job of explaining our early arrival charge. Check in is at 3pm and check out noon. We do on days such as this have many requests for late checkouts, and indeed were sold out the night before. We do not charge our Gold or Diamond Honors or if the arrival is within 2 hours of check in. When we have the ability we will waive this charge. I would be happy to assist you personally in the future with any requests.

Chicago, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2014

It was a great quiet room, and we were close to elevator! My girlfriend and I really enjoyed the stay, we received a nice welcome and really liked the noon check out! If we stay in that area again we will be sure to make a return trip so we can take advantage of more of the amenities.

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The Garden Inn is the type of hotel that has everything you need, a few cosmetic aspects that make it better than average, and once you've checked out it disappears from your mind entirely. This is the fourth Hilton Garden Inn we've stayed at and it is exactly the same hotel everywhere go. Nice rooms, lobby and overall decor, poor pillows. Looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for this review! The Garden Inn Brand is constantly looking to create a uniform experience for our guests across all the hotels. We want to ensure your stay is great at any Garden Inn you choose. That said we will share your feedback with our team and hope to see you again soon.

Best
Marshfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Costly
Noisy
Not helpful staff.
When I arrived person at font desk greeted me well but did not explained things well. Did not give me breakfast coupon . Next morning when I went for breakfast lady over there refused to provide breakfast and rudely referred me to the front desk. The person over there did not know that breakfast was included in the package . Lot of inconvenience for an expensive hotel

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Chris H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for this review. I apologize if our team was not aware of your breakfast package and regardless we should not be curt in our response. We will review with our team member and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

oakbrook terrace, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2014

went out for night with my wife. were greeted by a great,friendly clerk,smiling the whole time as she took care of us and 2 other guests. Unlike ever before! I have travelled a lot in my life time and she really went above and beyond service ,very clean,great bed! price was very fair!! would have been perfect except that our pillows were a bit tall? if you are looking in this area it simply cant be beat!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Le Meridien Chicago - Oakbrook Center
The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!