Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
$219
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskdrury lane theatergreat hotelroom was cleanparking lotfamily reunionoak brookstaff was very friendlybusiness centerbreakfast buffetwould definitely stay here againenjoyed my stayomeletconvenient locationfree parkingfitness centerhgi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is a very nice place to stay. It is very clean and reasonably priced. The only thing I didn't care for was the bed, it was a Sleep Number and I could never adjust it correctly for comfort so my back hurt the three nights we stayed. They have a great pool and work out area and a great buffet breakfast that cost about 13 per person but it is well worth it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed on a Sunday night with a holiday the next day (MLK Day), so traffic was light. We were impressed by the excellent condition of this up-to-date hotel in the Chicago suburbs. The price was right--$79 plus taxes for a single king room--and the staff was knowledgeable. Our only regret was that there is no free breakfast, but a Panera is nearby, which solved that problem.

Room Tip: Although the surrounding area is safe, we chose not to sleep in a first floor room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Check-in was a breeze -- important after a long tiring drive. Type of room requested
was honored. Requested additional computer chair for desk as both of us had our laptops. Tom Lohan immediately responded to our request & offered any additional assistance we might need. More than enough desk space for two to work. Wonderful view from our first floor window.

We used their "Weekend Breakfast Deal" and before we even sat down, Waja
was there offering to get our coffee, juice, etc., explaining the availability of cooked to
order items & offered any additional assistance we might need. Coffee was immediately
replenished when cups became half full. Her high quality of service was offered to all in
the dining room. Her warm, friendly care was sorely missed on her days off during our stay.

Adjustable firmness of mattress was a real plus. Very clean room, excellent housekeeping
staff, easily accessible to downtown Chicago. Pool towels were much larger than most
hotels have in pool area -- a real plus.

Would definitely return and recommend to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ytteba
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden in Oak Brook a few weeks ago. I was attending a trade show in Chicago and had out of country guests with me.

Check in was easy and even was smooth for my foreign guests. Once I got to my room I was pleased with a nice modern layout and 42" HD television with a nice cable selection. Once settled I needed to get something to eat and this hotel has a small restaurant on site and also a pantry that you can purchase anything from fruit to lunch meat to frozen dinners. This is just what the business traveler needs sometimes.

The hotel is newer and is appointed nicely. It is the in-between range they seem to shooting at. Nicer than a Hampton Inn but not as nice as a full blown Hilton. Hyatt Place would be a similar hotel and competitor.

The staff was effecient and on the ball. Parking was a snap. We left in the morning and all went quickly and smoothly. I paid $145 plus taxes which for the Chicago area is ok.

About the only knock would be the bathroom which are small and ordinary. But still ok.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This HGI property is part of complex consisting of the HGI and a Hilton Suites on the other side of the parking lot. The two hotels are separated by a large conference center. Access to the HGI is easy from the adjacent freeway. Getting the most irritating negative out of the way, parking is terrible, and even access to the covered front entry can be difficult due to large idling buses blocking the area. When there is an event at the conference center - as there was during my stay - the parking spaces in front of the hotel are completely full, forcing a guest to parking in a garage across from the hotel. If it's raining or windy, and particularly if you have bags, the trek from the garage to the hotel is not pleasant. Parking and access to the hotel detract from what is in other respects a nice property.

Once you manage to make it into the hotel, the property is a nice HGI location. Staff is friendly and efficient. The pantry is well-stocked and offers a good selection of spirits and other beverages. The five-floor hotel appears well-maintained. My room was clean and had the usual HGI amenities. I will say that the matress - at least the one in my room - need replacing, as I felt I was sleeping in a bowl (I had to roll in order to get out of bed). The main floor offers the usual HGI features (restaurant, laundry, business center, workout area).

As a Diamond HHonors member that visits many Hilton-branded properties, on balance, I'd rate this HGI property was OK for a one-night business trip stay. The parking situation was very irritating, and would likely cause me to look for a comparable HGI location elsewhere for my next trip to this area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 5th floor, away from the elevators, on the end of the hotel away from the nearby freeway (i.e., the end of the hotel across from the parking garage)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business