“very good stay.”

Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Excellent beds and showers. Fridge and microwave is a nice touch. Very clean rooms. Check in and check out are extremely efficient. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Great location to shopping and restaurants. The hotel was clean, breakfast was great and the staff was friendly and helpful! We will definitely stay at Hilton Garden Inn Oakbrook Terrace again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2011

The #1 complaint I have from my stay was the front desk service. I reserved a king room. The check-in person said, "Do you really need a king?" Well, yes, duh, or I wouldn't have reserved it. She then says, "All our king rooms are being cleaned right now. You can have 2 doubles." As in, 2 double beds. I asked how long until a king room was ready. "Not for another 45 minutes." It was already 30min past official check-in time, so why was my room not ready? No explanation. At this point, a genuine apology would have been enough to diffuse my annoyance, but none was given. Furthermore, when I asked if *anything* else could be done, a flat "No" was the response. Other, better hotels that inadvertently inconvenience their customers are quick to offer a complimentary upgrade, or passes to the breakfast buffet, SOMETHING to make up for it. But I didn't even get an apology. We were forced to take the alternate room because we had evening plans that required us to get into the room ASAP. Thus my husband and I slept in separate beds that night since there was no way both of us could fit on a double bed.

The rest of the bad: tub was plugged, but they did send someone immediately to fix it. Towels like sandpaper. No extra linens/pillows in the room. The fridge wasn't very cold and was not adjustable - the custodian said they're more like coolers than fridges. Wi-fi didn't work. Breakfast buffet $13, overpriced for the offerings. No bellhop.

The Good: The room was nice, seemed to be recently remodeled. Comfortable bed, and it was VERY quiet- once in your room, all hallway noise disappeared. The a/c unit worked well. There are coin laundry facilities available. The pool area was small but clean and the water warm. The hot tub could hold 4 people max, and the pool 12 people max. Parking wasn't a problem when we stayed on a Sat. night, but if Drury Lane Theatre is hosting a blockbuster then you'd be parking rather far away in the parking garage. I'd check the theater website or call them ahead to know what to expect.

It's too bad the front desk service was so poor, because otherwise I had a pleasant stay and would have returned because it was so quiet.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank sweethomechitown
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This is our second time staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Oakbrook Terrace. I enjoy everything about this hotel. The staff are all very friendly, the hotel is clean, the breakfast is fresh, and the rooms are very comfortable. I will certainly be staying here again in the future. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jendujka
Reviewed June 21, 2011

I stayed here a few times and love the consistency of service. The staff is warm and friendly. I particularly enjoyed the breakfast. While the selection is the typical HGI offering, the staff remembers your 'likes' and deliver them with a smile! The fitness area has a few machines and free weights.

HHonors: breakfast buffet

Room Tip: Become a ilton HHonors elite member
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed 2 nights @ The Hilton Garden Inn as I attended a seminar in the area. I was concerned since I was alone. I felt very comfortable at all times. Very nice rooms, I felt they were very nice & CLEAN. I have leukemia so this is extremely important to me. The shuttle was very nice & convenient & the drivers were very friendly. One evening they took me to the Oak Brook mall and the following day they picked me up from the seminar. They were unable to take me for they do not begin until 10am on Sat., & I had to be there @ 8am. I didn't get the driver that took me to the mall, I wish I had to let the hotel know how kind he was. The other driver's name was Doug. very friendly & I felt very comfortable. The beds were great and bedding exceptional. I recently had fractured vertebra's so this is also very important to me. I guess one could say I might be difficult to please due to my illness. I used the business center which was very convenient as well & the fitness center both clean and nice with the only exception that the printer was not working. It would have been nice if it would have been looked at. Very small inconvenience. The rooms had a convenient fridge, coffee pot & microwave. I had called the hotel for directions and the lady had no idea if they were south or north from St, Louis and gave me wrong directions so please use Mapquest. Again, a minor inconvenience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. It has an indoor pool though I did not use.

Room Tip: I reserved a room that could not be cancelled
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We were in town from MI for a family get together. We have a 3 1/2 yr old daughter as well. We had a quite, peaceful time during our stay at the hotel. The bed was comfortable and clean. They have good quality free coffee all through the day. A great value for money. Parking can be a challenge especially when there are big meetings going on - but we never had a problem. Location is 4 Stars - as we had a brief tough time finding the place; but none that would be difficult if you follow your GPS or map "properly".

Room Tip: Great place for family with small children.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
#5 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
1 mi away
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!