“Great Place to stay”

A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The rooms were beautiful. The beds were soft and clean. The staff was friendly. The only thing not so great was having to stand to eat due to very little seating. The groundsman wasn't very polite as he was pulling a trash can across the parking lot and literally stop the trash can right in front of my vehicle, looked at me, and walked away from it so I had to drive around it.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed back in March and April so we came back again during Labor Day weekend. We had one free night saved up. We arrived around 10:30 pm on Thursday night. We were to stay till Sunday. They told us the first night would be our free night. We were given the room 105. We were just glad to turn in after a long day of travel.

The toilet seat was crooked. As you sat on it, it kept sliding and you found yourself sitting on the rim of the bowl! Gross. The sink did not drain properly. It was so slow that the toothpaste was foaming all over! It was really late at night. We just wanted to get some rest.

But, the worse was coming. This room is on the first floor directly facing the cafeteria, and next to the exit door that says Staff only. This means late a night and early in the morning someone is going in and out all the time. I was woken up several times throughout the night. Especially around 5am, the frequency of door opening and closing increased. You could hear people talking as well. No rest!
It was an outrage. The next day we requested to have our room changed. At first they put us in a room next the elevator but asked for a different room again to be far away from possible noise. This time it was better. The shower sucks, but tolerable.

I think they did this on purpose. As it was a free night, they assigned the worse room in the hotel to us. They knew no one would want that room. If we were meek and didn't complain, we'd be stuck with this horrible room for 3 nights and they would got away with it.

They should NOT even assign this room to anyone. It is not suitable for any guests.

The next day we had to go through the hassle of packing and repacking, and due to lack of sleep, it was not a productive day and took me a few days to recover.

They wasted our "free" night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far away from any exit door or elevator. Do not take room 105.
Reviewed August 30, 2013

When selecting a hotel, the most important feature for me is the bed. When I saw the LQ had NEW pillow tops, I'd made my choice! Very clean room, friendly staff, very quiet location, the best restful sleep in a hotel, ever. This place had a beautiful clean pool, so bring your suit!! I didn't see it in the listing, so I didn't even think of bringing my suit. Bummer! If you need to go into "The City" this place is right off the tollway and 20 minutes from downtown. Perfect! The address doesn't some up, just look for the COMAR building and there it is! Enjoy!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Enjoyed my stay here, I was in town visiting my family and decided to bring my dog with me. Everything was great from check in to check out. Lawrence, one of the managers at the location was extremely helpful and very friendly. I would recommend this location to anyone traveling thru the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
Reviewed August 26, 2013

hotel was clean and very quite. staff was great, will stay here again, don't tell anybody. close to highway, but far enough away as to not hear the traffic. close to shopping and restaurants. the only thing is it needs a bigger sign on the road to direct you to the hotel.

Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I am really fussy about staying away from home and don't like to sleep in strange beds. I felt very comfortable here. The room was clean and didn't have that strange "hotel smell". I brought a scented candle with me for that reason but brought it home without having lit it. The area surrounding this hotel is beautiful. The staff (desk and house keeping were friendly, knowledgeable and hard working. We had two grandchildren (8 and 5) with us and I felt they were as welcome as we were. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terra...
#3 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
#5 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Staybridge Suites Chicago Oakbro...
#7 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook

Been to La Quinta Inn Chicago Oakbrook Terrace? Share your experiences!