“Unexpected Service, Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Volare - CLOSED

Volare
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old 22nd Street
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unexpected Service, Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Spouse and I have dined in Italian/Mediterranean restaurants all over the world. The service was outstanding. Read some lukewarm reviews on Volare, but decided to try it for a quick bite. Carpaccio and salads were top notch. Walleye entree (mild cold water white-fleshed fish) very tasty and fresh. Server was quick to accommodate an alternate preparation for a chop dish and chef executed an entree equal to or better than nearby Chicago steakhouses. We were entertained by the chef from the open kitchen and discussed several dishes from our travels. Wine list was compact. Our server, Jodie, turned the quick bite into a wonderful date with her warmth and superb sense of timing. Truly felt at home! Will be back with our fellow-foodie children.

Visited April 2013

Woodridge, Illinois
“Very Volare'!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had dinner with a group of people for this event.
The atmosphere was a typical italian setting with urns and pictures of Italy on the wall. It was pleasant and nice.
The bar scene was nice and they had live entertainment. It seemed to interrupt the conversation even though were were in a room on the other side of the building it was ok because the music and musicians were good.

We started in the bar area and were promply greeted and when we ordered our drinks the chilled glasses came right away then the beers came carried by a man in a apron and tie. He proceeded to pour the beers into our glass. It was such a nice touch.
I ordered the chicken parmesan. The meal is family style so every one shares. I had a salad that wasvery tasty The appetizer was fried calamari and bread with olive oil or spicy red sauce. The bread was soft and delicious. The side dishes were cheese cubes in a cheese tomato sauce and was really different but good! The wait staff were dressed professionally and were very polite.

Bottom Line:
This is a good place to visit and the food was interesting enough to go back again. Not a blasaie faire' at all. See you soon Volare'

• Visited April 2013
shorewwod
“three star from Mark Davi”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I Would GiveThis Restruant Only 3 Stars.First Of All, There Meat Sauce Is Lousy! , even The Color Of It Is Off It Looks Like Chile. Secondly You Can't Even Read The Menu ,Meaning The Description Of Preperation Of The Dish, Without A Magnifing Glass .Thirdly The Menu is short On Italian Dishes, And Lastl'y No One Ask's How Your Meal Was! Won't Be Back.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank 314markd314
Frankfort, Illinois
“Nice dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

OK, I'm 52, the kids have graduated from college, I can finally afford a greart meal.
My wife and I had dinner with my brothers and wives. Great meal. I recommend the lamb shank. Our waiter was Ishmael. Priobably one of the best servers I have ever had.
The wine selection is good but not overcomplicated. I will definatley return.
Good value, about $400.00 for 6 adults.
The restaurant was a little dark. It was hard to read the menu.

• Visited February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had an enjoyable family birthday celebration here last week. Service, atmoshpere and food were most excellent. The gnocchi with vodka sauce and rigatoni were big favorites. We shared a scrumptous chocolate fudge cake desert to finish. Leftovers for everyone-- due to filling up on the warm bred and calamari starter. We'll be back!

• Visited January 2013