“Nice dinner”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old 22nd Street
Reviewed February 25, 2013

OK, I'm 52, the kids have graduated from college, I can finally afford a greart meal.
My wife and I had dinner with my brothers and wives. Great meal. I recommend the lamb shank. Our waiter was Ishmael. Priobably one of the best servers I have ever had.
The wine selection is good but not overcomplicated. I will definatley return.
Good value, about $400.00 for 6 adults.
The restaurant was a little dark. It was hard to read the menu.

There are newer reviews for Volare

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had an enjoyable family birthday celebration here last week. Service, atmoshpere and food were most excellent. The gnocchi with vodka sauce and rigatoni were big favorites. We shared a scrumptous chocolate fudge cake desert to finish. Leftovers for everyone-- due to filling up on the warm bred and calamari starter. We'll be back!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

This is the 1st dining establishment I've been to that you can get your unfinished wine bottle corked, and bagged to go. Many of the appetizers are can't miss and entrees serve plenty!

Reviewed November 14, 2012

My wife and I chose Volare for our first date night since having our first child. We went here for New Year's last year and have been dying to go back. Nothing has changed, the service is still amazing, the seats packed, and the food is still fantastic. Our waiter was from Albania and a very friendly dude. We had the grilled seafood appetizer (out of this world), my wife had the gnocchi with vodka sauce and I had the Black Spaghetti (squid ink) for an entree. Reservations are accepted via Open Table which is very convenient. We will be back!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Having dined at the Chicago Volare some years ago we knew what to expect and were not disappointed. The Italian antipasto was a good way to begin with an assortment of meat, cheese and veggies. The arrabbiata sauce wtih a little extra kick made for a great pasta course and the gnocci with lobster sauce made my wife two superb meals. Everything was of the highest quality and our server (Ismail) made sure everything was perfectly paced. This is the first place we will dine when we are next in the area.