“Outstanding Italian Dinner”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old 22nd Street
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here last night and it was everything we would have wanted. We started with the Griglia Mista appetizer ($13), which is grilled sea scallops, calamari, octopus and shrimp in a balsamic vinagrette over a bed of greens. While there were only two scallops and two shrimp, there was plenty of calamari an octopus and it all had a great flavor. This was easily enough for the two of us to share and it pretty much eliminated any need to add soup or salad to the dinner, which is ala carte.

For our main courses my wife had the veal limone ($21), which had three thin slices of veal in a lemon sauce, along with polenta and broccoli. I tasted the veal and it was excellent. That dinner was plenty for her but might not have been quite enough for a hungry guy. I had the chicken parm ($17) and had them use meat sauce instead of tomato sauce. The was more meat in that sauce than I have ever seen. My plate was completely covered with the chicken and pasta side, which is included, and all of it tasted fabulous. I ended up bringing home almost half my dinner so if you are a big eater, this is highly recommended.

For desert we split the creme brulee ($6), which came in two small cups and was probably as good as I've ever tasted. Throw in one glass of wine and deduct $25 for our restaurant.com certificate and the bill totaled $43 before tip. Service was excellent as the bread and water were replenished without our having to ever ask. Definitely this is a great restaurant for Italian food in the burbs and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

A great lunch/dinner spot on Meyers Road. Food is superior, service from Doris is fantastic and the prices are very fair. Portikns are large so ask about half orders.

Reviewed April 11, 2012

I rarely write a really bad review of anywhere as I know the impact it can have on business. However I could not have enjoyed my meal at Volare any less.
My biggest problem was that later in the evening and during the night my friend got poisoning from the sea food risotto. Even the chicken risotto dish I had tasted very strong and lingered for hours afterwards.
In an age when there is so much choice there really is no excuse for such poor standards.
Go elsewhere!!

1  Thank SacredTrickster
Reviewed December 29, 2011

In early December 2011 two of my friends and I lunched at Volare in Oak Brook Terrance. It was my first time there and had been recommended by one of my companions who had been there previously. I found the restaurant to be very comfortable and well appointed that included white table cloths. Our server was Holly who was very friendly and informative. For an antipasto we shared the sausage and peppers, which we all thought was excellent. One of my friends had the lasagna and said that it was delicious. My other friend and I both had the braciole that was served on a bed of polenta and was one of the lunch specials. This dish was very well prepared and tasty. The braciole was tender and very flavorful, and the polenta was cooked just right. A little problem occurred with the timing of the servings. While part way through eating the sausage and peppers, a couple of servers not including Holly brought out the main dishes. We said that were not ready for those dishes and they were brought back to the kitchen. We were later served the main dishes, but by that time my braciole was cool. I explained the situation to Holly who immediately said she would comp me, but I refused saying that my intention was merely an FYI to avoid future mistakes. Holly then persuaded us to accept an order of tiramisu on the house. Well, who could refuse that dessert? Good thing we didn’t because it was very well prepared and delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant for the quality of the food, the ambiance, and the responsive service. I very much look forward to going there for dinner. Based on my single experience I give Volare four and a half stars and not five because of the kitchen mix-up. However, this was a very close call because Holly, who was extremely professional and accommodating, did a great job in dealing with the problem.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

After reading all the great reviews we tried Volare and we were not disappointed! Service was great and everything was reasonably priced for the level of service and quality of food. Spaghetti and meatballs was great! Fettucini with crab legs in Alfredo sauce was exceptional! Try the grilled calamari to start you won't be disappointed. We'll be back for sure