“High quality food, ambiance, and service.”
Review of Volare - CLOSED

Volare
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Old 22nd Street
Reviewed December 29, 2011

In early December 2011 two of my friends and I lunched at Volare in Oak Brook Terrance. It was my first time there and had been recommended by one of my companions who had been there previously. I found the restaurant to be very comfortable and well appointed that included white table cloths. Our server was Holly who was very friendly and informative. For an antipasto we shared the sausage and peppers, which we all thought was excellent. One of my friends had the lasagna and said that it was delicious. My other friend and I both had the braciole that was served on a bed of polenta and was one of the lunch specials. This dish was very well prepared and tasty. The braciole was tender and very flavorful, and the polenta was cooked just right. A little problem occurred with the timing of the servings. While part way through eating the sausage and peppers, a couple of servers not including Holly brought out the main dishes. We said that were not ready for those dishes and they were brought back to the kitchen. We were later served the main dishes, but by that time my braciole was cool. I explained the situation to Holly who immediately said she would comp me, but I refused saying that my intention was merely an FYI to avoid future mistakes. Holly then persuaded us to accept an order of tiramisu on the house. Well, who could refuse that dessert? Good thing we didn’t because it was very well prepared and delicious. I highly recommend this restaurant for the quality of the food, the ambiance, and the responsive service. I very much look forward to going there for dinner. Based on my single experience I give Volare four and a half stars and not five because of the kitchen mix-up. However, this was a very close call because Holly, who was extremely professional and accommodating, did a great job in dealing with the problem.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

After reading all the great reviews we tried Volare and we were not disappointed! Service was great and everything was reasonably priced for the level of service and quality of food. Spaghetti and meatballs was great! Fettucini with crab legs in Alfredo sauce was exceptional! Try the grilled calamari to start you won't be disappointed. We'll be back for sure

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Homemade pastas are the highlite but everything is excellent. Great service and a nice room make this an excellent restaurant. Reasonably priced as well.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

We have visited the Volare location in Chicago several times, and it has become our favorite Italian restaurant in the city. This was the first time we tried the Oakbrook Terrace location, and we were very impressed. The food was the same outstanding fare we have come to expect at the city location. The difference is that the suburban location has more space. As a result, the tables are spread a little further apart, which allows for a little more intimate setting. In addition to the excellent food, the service was outstanding. Once our waitress learned that it was our anniversary, everyone wished us a happy anniversary, including the valet when we left. Everyone went out of their way to make it a special occasion.

It is also worth noting that they are on Open Table. We made our reservation on my phone as we were leaving the house, so there was no wait.

It was a fantastic experience, and we will certainly be back.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

didnt book on a sat night - sat us down straight away outside (we were offered inside as well) - 20 mins in on of my party was getting bitten to death so asked to move inside and this was done with no fuss and with a smile. Food was good, service was great, and the managers Tommy and Victor treated us like family. Portions huge, so choose wisely!!