“Known for the Pork Chop, Good Steaks”
Review of Mike Ditka's

Mike Ditka's
Reserve with OpenTable
Mike Ditka's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rte. 83 & 22nd Street
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I eat here often. They are known for the Pork Chop. My favorite though is the long bone rib eye they call the tomahawk chop. When the meat is at its best, this is the best steak out there! For lunch I like the seafood cob salad. The seafood is always very good. They usually have a few sushi rolls of the day. The salad nicoise is also very good. The burgers acre excellent as well. The pot roast nachos are awesome and a must try for an appetizer. The service is excellent. Valet parking is available and the way to go with the parking lot setup. The restaurant has been at this location for about 4 or 5 years. The decor is very nice. They have a large bar in the middle with an excellent assortment.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Ditka's is a restaurant in my area. Love "the coach". Couldn't wait to try his restaurant. Yes, the hostess was lovely, and the wait staff good, but I found the place to be very noisy. Of course, If I was just going for drinks at the bar, I might not have noticed. We were sitting in the main room, which has their tables stationed around their bar. It was a Friday night and the bar was loud! The portions were huge and but I like quality, not quantity. I found the prices to be very high. I ordered the Coach's Cosmo and couldn't drink it. I drink this drink at most restaurants. This is the first time I left a drink. Need I say more? This might be a good place to go for drinks after work ( if you don't drink martinis). This might be a place if you like large volumes of food. However, considering the non bargain prices, you can have a great dinner at a fair price just down the road.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We had reservations on Valentines weekend. There were others waiting for their table. We were seated immediately when we approached the hostess desk. I really appreciate when a restaurant honors the reservation time and does not put you at the end of the line with others waiting.

Food quality: I agree with other reviewers. It was a good steak, but not great. There are 3 different grades of filet mignon. For the price, I'd expect the steak to melt in my mouth. My husband had salmon which he thought was fine. Yet, he did not rave about it. Dinner menu is a la carte; you can order a vegetable flight which is recommended to be shared as a couple. This reflects positively about the service. She could have allowed us each to order a huge vegetable and increase the total bill. Wine is priced at an above average price point compared to other restaurants in the area; but not the highest price. I ordered a glass of Ditka's Cabernet, to be told that they were out of that variety. It seemed strange that they could not provide their own brand; poor planning or poor forecasting of sales on someone's part.

The decor is comfortable and accommodating more towards couples. It definitely is not stuffy. It was great to be in a restaurant at 7:30 p.m. on a weekend night and not be surrounded by families with young children. But, you will pay for this. We will go back, but for the same money, I can find a better quality steak. Perhaps just have a high quality burger.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Enjoyed dinner here - The portions were large, the wait staff was amazing & very attentive! Food was yummy! We really enjoyed the pot roast nachos for starter, steak for main, & apple something for dessert - yes please! The wine menu was well varied & reasonably priced.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Given the location, I expected Ditkas to be overpriced, under portioned and a poor value experience, similar to my opinion of places like Morton's. I was wrong.
The ambience is upscale and the room lively. The wine menu is deep with many price points. The menu has some great choices to meet a variety of tastes. The prices are great for all that you get, which is a fine dining experience at a great location, with an excellent and well informed waitstaff.
I had the prime rib and others at the table had linguine with clams and chicken. All well prepared and presented. With a bottle of wine, two mixed drinks and four entrees the bill was $182, which I consider reasonable all things considered.