“A Cut Above”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Trattoria 225
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria 225 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 132 Restaurants in Oak Park
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S. Harvey St
Transit: Two blocks from Blue Line Austin Exit.
Description: Trattoria 225 is a full service restaurant and bar featuring rustic Italian dining. We offer wood-fired pizza, fresh salads, house-made pastas and a variety of artisan gelato. We strongly believe in supporting local producers and using organic products whenever possible. Our mission is simple... to provide you, your family and friends with a fantastic, affordable meal that incorporates quality, organic, local and sustainable products in a space that is warm, inviting and fun. We look forward to seeing you.
Jacksonville, FL
“A Cut Above”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

As visitors to Oak Park, IL, it is always a delight to find neighborhood restaurants that are a cut above the ordinary and that's what I would say about Trattoria 225 at 225 Harrison Street.

The menu was diverse but not eccentric, the food was fresh and delishly prepared. The ambience was attractive and comfortable, the prices were reasonable. What more could you ask for?

I am happy to recommend it and hope that the next time we visit from Florida, we will return.

• Visited October 2012

Fishersville, Virginia
“Wonderful! Great casual atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

First, the food was fantastic! We had a table of 5 and the service was excellent! My daughter and I split the Chopped Italian Salad - very generous and easy to split. My daughter made her own pizza. I got the Linguine ai Frutti Di Mare - oh so very good! Loaded with seafood, great marinara sauce. We were really thrilled with this restaurant. Would definitely go there again!

• Visited October 2012
Oak Park, Illinois
“Comfortable neighborhood restaurant”
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful family friendly jewel in the oak park arts district. The staff make you feel like you are a regular. Perfect place to go after a game, or out with the gang. Ingredients are often picked up at the local farmers market and te menu changes often. Pizzas are great.they make me feel like I am eating healthy. Lots of vegetarian dishes. Not the place for a fancy night out but the perfect neighborhood spot.

suburbs of Chicago, Illinois
“Delish!”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place is a total gem to the neighborhood. We got the tip to try it out because of their ability to accommodate for gluten intolerance, from a local gluten free blogger! She gave the restaurant 2 thumbs up. So we checked it out, I loved that the manager came over and chatted with us about what foods we liked, how their items compared and about what specifically was gluten free, what needed modifications and his favorite dishes. It really made us feel like we were part of the neighborhood. I'm looking forward to the next time we're in the area and head back there.

• Visited June 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“My Local”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I probably go here once a week. I have a lot of options but both my wife and I love the place. Their pizzas are THE best and if you aren't driving, try the Italian Margarita cocktail. wonderful! The staff are great, the manager Bill is always warm and always helpful. It is a real neighborhood eatery that is worth the visit.

• Visited August 2012