“Lamb”
Review of Papaspiros

Papaspiros
Reserve with OpenTable
Papaspiros is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 132 Restaurants in Oak Park
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
usa
“Lamb”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I love lamb & this place has some of the best around! I do have a problem here as every time I go people want to taste my dinner & want more. It is greektown in Oak Park. The service & wine were great. We have been here for family dinners & next time I intend to get 2 dished (one for me & one to share). I can't wait for spring & al fresco dining (even if it is rather small). We have never been dissapointed.

• Visited March 2012

earlville, ny
“great food awesome people”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

welcoming! right from the start you are made to feel at home- very attentive waitstaff. food is very very good, much more than just gyros.they are authentic! can be a little pricey but not out of reach. very relaxing setting, wonderful food, nice selections- ask waitstaff for recommendations! would go again! Also in a nice section of Oak Park to do some walking and shopping!

• Visited February 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Fun girls' night out on New Year's Eve!”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My friends and I wanted to go out for dinner on New Year's and didn't want anything too casual, but neither did we want to spend megabucks on an expensive dinner package, so we opted to go to Papaspiros.

We shared two starters: the flaming saganaki and the kolokythakia, which is thinly slices of zucchini. lightly breaded and fried and served with skordalia, a garlic mashed potato spread. We loved both choices: the zucchini was so thin and crisp and the garlic dip added just the perfect accompaniment to it.

One of my friends had the spanakopita, which came with oven roasted potatoes, both of which she enjoyed. Another friend had the vegetarian mousaka, which is layers of fresh vegetables topped with a bechamel sauce with a side of peas in a tomato sauce. I opted for my usual, the chicken souvlaki (kebabs), which are served with rice.

The bill came to about $35 per person, which is a good deal for a nice dinner on New Year's Eve. Though the restaurant was crowded, the service was good, and I appreciated our server's knowledge about the Greek wines on offer. While I always prefer going into the city to Greektown, this is a great option just minutes from home.

• Visited December 2011
Rockville, Maryland
“Excellent service and superior Greek food.”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I have visited this restaurant twice in the last two years. Each time the food and service were superior. My daughter and her husband go there often - it is only a mile from their Oak Park home - and have never had anything but excellent food and welcoming service. They have a way of making the children welcome without affecting the pleasure of those dining without children.

• Visited September 2011
Chicago
“Go to Greek town for Greek food”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This is a facsimile of real Greek food. Their liberal use of salt does not change the mediocre taste of the dishes.