“Love the creativity of the food here!”

New Rebozo Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
New Rebozo Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 132 Restaurants in Oak Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Francisco Lopez, known as Chef Paco, of New Rebozo started in Oak Park. He is eccentric, fun, enthusiastic about food and the most welcoming person you will ever come to meet. Paco is the Chef/Owner of one of The Best Authentic Mexican Restaurants in the Chicago land area as voted by the Mexican government, an honor many patrons agree with. To ensure a healthier menu and contradictory to many Mexican restaurants. Paco's specials are always innovative with traditional roots and seasonal ingredients. Over the years, New Rebozo has been given awards for its authenticity and just downright great food. The passion and love that comes through every member of the New Rebozo staff is intoxicating and will bring you back time and time again.
Buffalo, New York
“Love the creativity of the food here!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We started going here back in 1999. It just keeps getting better. We came back last week for the first time in a few years and it was exceptional! I especially enjoy his molé dishes. He had 2 special molé sauces in addition to the normal ones on the menu. My wife has a special with white chocolate molé and a red molé and I had his New Rebozo molé. All 3 were exceptional! Paco, the owner is an exceptional chef and very passionate about his food. OH MY GOD, it was good. Margaritas were wonderful too!

Oak Park, Illinois
“Average at Best”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Service was slow. Took forever to get a drink. Appetizer came out with entree. The sauces did not appeal to me. Finally the bill was higher than I could believe considering we only had one cocktail each. Won't go back anytime soon.

• Visited July 2013
“Ur paying for the plates ur eating on. And you will chose from what they have in stock NOT on menu”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The salsa for the chips tastes like hunters tomato can sauce.... the margarita had a broken straw which I could see the huge gash right down the straw... I asked for a torta and they said the guy didn't go get the bread so he can make me a guarache. I asked for steak and got breaded milanesa!!! And the guarache looked like a over breaded muvy chicharron. I asked the waiter about it and they said that's all they had. When I asked the waitress about forms of payment she didn't know!!!A total 0 for me. I don't see how wgn would rate this as a good restaurant as has check please! No good. 1st and def. Last visit.

Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Meal”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband decided he had a taste for Mexican food tonight and asked me to take care of the plans. Our usual restaurant for Mexican has not been up to par during our last few visits so I decided to search for someplace new. I found this restaurant and I have to say we had an amazing experience. Shortly after our arrival we were greeted by Chef Paco who explained the specials, in great detail they would be serving tonight. We ordered the salad sampler which was excellent. My husband had the pork special which was fantastic and I had the tilapia tacos that each had a different salsa on top which was delicious. The service was great and Paco came out a couple of times to see how we were enjoying our meal which we appreciated. We will definitely go back as this was an amazing meal!

Irving, Texas
“Unbelievable and so delicious authentic Mexican food”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

You absolutely must go to this restaurant. This is the location near Superior - and the tortillas were being made fresh on the sidewalk. Authentic REAL Mexican food - the mole was to die for. Paco made it the best. Te amo !

Visited July 2013