“You can taste all the work in every bite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Rebozo Mexican Restaurant

New Rebozo Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
New Rebozo Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 122 Restaurants in Oak Park
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Francisco Lopez, known as Chef Paco, of New Rebozo started in Oak Park. He is eccentric, fun, enthusiastic about food and the most welcoming person you will ever come to meet. Paco is the Chef/Owner of one of The Best Authentic Mexican Restaurants in the Chicago land area as voted by the Mexican government, an honor many patrons agree with. To ensure a healthier menu and contradictory to many Mexican restaurants. Paco's specials are always innovative with traditional roots and seasonal ingredients. Over the years, New Rebozo has been given awards for its authenticity and just downright great food. The passion and love that comes through every member of the New Rebozo staff is intoxicating and will bring you back time and time again.
Chicago, Illinois
“You can taste all the work in every bite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I lived around the corner from this place for 10 years and never went. Now that I moved away I try to get there every few months. If you are looking for your mom's Mexican food at reasonable prices this isn't the place. If, on the other hand, you want excellent Mexican food based on years of research and experience, this is definitely the place. Chef Paco spends four days making his mole and you can taste the depth of flavors in every bite. Yes, they have tacos and steak and fajitas, but you can find that in most places. If you want to make the most of your experience, check out the daily specials. You can't go wrong. They also offer a Mole Fiesta which is 6 enchiladas offered with 6 different types of moles. The chef recommends ordering cheese or chicken as your filling. Also, the tamarindo margaritas are killer. Make sure you order it in a shaker (which serves 4-5 glasses) over the frozen kind. Don't forget dessert. If you are too full after dinner, I suggest you try the flan flight, three small flans of varying flavors. New Rebozo isn't cheap, but you get what you pay for and you can taste it in every bite.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

Chicago, Illinois
“It is all about Paco: the passion and the food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This restaurant is in my neighborhood, and for Mexican, I rate it as my absolute favorite! Not inexpensive, but absolutely worth it in everyway from the food to the selling of the food by none other than Paco (with a kiss to the ladies)!

Visited November 2012
Lagrange, Il
“My new favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My new favorite resturant is New Robozo. I've been there twice now and I can't wait to go again. This is not your typical mexican restaurant. Within 5 minutes of sitting at your table you will be greeted by the chef. He's just so loveable. You can see that he is passionate about what he does and takes such pride in his food. His description of the food will have your mouth watering. I highly recommend whatever they have on special. Both times I have gone I have gotten one of the specials they were Fabulous. Last week I go the seafood quesadillas, my husband got the stuffed poblano pepper and we shared an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms. We savored every bit of it. They're Margarita's are also to die for! The restaurant is rather small and intimate. The price of entrees is between $15-$30. Try it...you'll love it!

Visited December 2012
“Wonderful Mexican!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Terrific menu.
The owner comes out to explain the specials....funny guy.
Wonderful mole.
Not open on Sunday.
Generally street Parking is available in front.
Never had a bad meal here.

Fort Myers Beach, Florida
“Dreaming of the New Rebozo!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This restaurant will always be one of my favorite restaurants because the owner/chef is brilliant. He is always creating new dishes that stimulate your senses. The chicken tortilla soup with poblano peppers is amazing. The stuffed peppers with meat and cheese are something I have yet to duplicate. I used to live in Oak Park and I have never found a restaurant with such Mexican flavor. My sister gets to go there today and I wish it was me.

• Visited November 2011