“A lot of Money for not much food”
Review of Munch

Munch
Ranked #17 of 136 Restaurants in Oak Park
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Munch is a vegetarian restaurant mostly vegan with extensive gluten free varieties. We consider our meals vegan comfort food. Our menu ranges from protein packed meal salads to delicious homemade soups to satisfying stew bowls and weekly gourmet specials. Tofu and portabella spinach lasagna with Nana's authentic marinara and the Amazing Black Bean Burgers packed with roasted veggies are two of our most popular items. Munch serves real vegetable and fruit smoothies, vegan ice cream sweetened with beet sugar and many vegan and gluten free desserts. Our baked goods are made in house by our personal baker. Our customers dictate our menu. And thank you to all of them!
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The food here is very very fresh, the portions very small. I had the raw wrap which had perfectly ripe avocado slices and tomatoes, the other vegetables were also fresh and good. I thought the wrap would be a tortilla type wrap but it was wrapped in a bitter green leaf. The side was "Carrot Salad". Since when is a pile of shredded carrots a salad. It didn't have any dressing or other ingredient. For $9 this dish was a total rip off.

I also had the Carrot Ginger soup which was quite good but a small cup for $3.50 is asking a bit much when carrots cost almost nothing.

The service verged on annoying, came by way to often while I was trying to decide what to get and then it took forever to bring the food.

I don't think I would eat here again mostly because of the high price of the food.

There are newer reviews for Munch

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I went there for lunch several times to give the place a chance. If you follow a gluten free or vegan diet, this is the place for you.

While the service was good and friendly, I had to go home and eat lunch after my lunch here.

I do fine at any vegetarian restaurant, but when it comes to fake cheese, fake meat, fake eggs and fake milk, it is not my cup of tea.

I appreciate that there are choices in the way people eat, but for a person who chooses to formal a more mainstream diet, munch was not for me.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My husband and I like to eat healthily. This is not so easy on a cross-country trip. We were in Oak Park for a day and a night and found Munch on trip advisor. The menu had wonderful choices, all packed with nutrition. We sat outside and the service and presentation were excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant for a guilt-free tasty meal.

2  Thank Goodtaste11
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I was real excited to find this restaurant in Oak Park, IL!! The staff was super friendly and down to earth. They were also quite knowledgeable about the menu and vegan food. The menu has lots of vegan options! I had a little trouble narrowing my choice down. The food was good. I especially enjoyed my kale salad. The dressing on it was really good. I also fell in love with my vegan vanilla shake! It was sooooooo good! I haven't had ice cream that good in a long time. I have never had vegan ice cream that taste so good. I like this restaurant and will visit again.

1  Thank akillingham
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I could not wait for Munch to open! It is very curious that until Munch there were no vegan or strictly vegetarian restaurants Oak Park, which is quite frustrating! Now, Munch is my go-to restaurant for most carry out! There are frankly some very yummy options on the menu! The lasagna is very tasty with a robust and fresh house-made marinara sauce. The stuffed peppers and Hippy Hemp Salad are made with fresh, organic vegetables. I am a lover of soup, so the daily soup options--one seasonal that changes and the other lentil--are a lovely addition to my meal. The smoothies and baked goods are also made from fresh ingredients, and there are gluten free sweets available!

I am a vegetarian, and I appreciate Robin, the owner, in her quest to create new dishes. The daily specials never disappoint, and I know for a fact that Robin is obsessed with serving fresh produce! I am happy to report that I have not found wilted or soggy lettuce in my numerous visits to Munch. If you are a veg-eater, this is a wonderful place with a very sweet staff!

2  Thank Michelle M

Been to Munch? Share your experiences!