“House tour and walking tour are a great combination”

Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio
Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Oak Park
More attraction details
Owner description: The Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio served as Wright's private residence and workplace from 1889 to 1909--the first 20 years of his career. Here Wright developed a new American architecture: the Prairie style. Trained interpreters offer insights into Wright's family life and architectural career. Enjoy guided tours of the museum complex and neighboring historic district seven days a week. Tour details are available on the Frank Lloyd Wright Trust website.
Useful Information: Stroller parking
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We did the house tour first, but you could reverse it and do just as well, if the house tour is full when you get there.A great view of early Wright. Easy trip on the L to get there.

There are newer reviews for Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Enjoyed touring the gift shop and grounds. Unfortunately, I have limited ability with stairs and the guide wisely advised me not to take the tour of the home and studio as I would have problems (imagine, talking me out of spending money for my sake!) If my knees ever get better, I'll be back to see everything!

Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

We loved a very informative tour and enjoyed beautiful architecture of both the House and Studio. Take your time to walk around the neighborhood and see his other designs. Best time to visit is during fall season in my opinion.

1  Thank NiuSi
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This visit was a wish fulfillment.
I had admired Wrights architecture and read all the books covering his work. Seeing his talent firsthand was a wonderful experience

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We bought tickets to a tour on Thursday afternoon. The tour started on time and our guide was very informed and very professional. If you're at all interested in Frank Lloyd Wright's buildings, this is for you. We had been to Falling Water and wanted to check out another of his buildings while in Chicago. It was a relaxing way to spend a couple of hours, very enjoyable.
There are other tours, of the area surrounding the home and studio, but we opted not to do those. We did take our own walk around the gorgeous neighborhood and over to the temple and realized, you can pretty much tell which houses were designed by Wright without a guided tour. Very enjoyable afternoon!

1  Thank beth w