“Very Interesting but...”

Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio
Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Oak Park
More attraction details
Owner description: The Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio served as Wright's private residence and workplace from 1889 to 1909--the first 20 years of his career. Here Wright developed a new American architecture: the Prairie style. Trained interpreters offer insights into Wright's family life and architectural career. Enjoy guided tours of the museum complex and neighboring historic district seven days a week. Tour details are available on the Frank Lloyd Wright Trust website.
Useful Information: Stroller parking
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I liked this more than I thought I would. The tour was very interesting, and made me want to know more about Wright. We were treated somewhat like children though, "Don't touch this", don't walk there" and a rather firm set of instructions that seemed like scolding before we entered. Perhaps they have had problems, but judging by the types of people who were taking the tour, we all would have understood the parameters of touring an historic home. Also no pictures (unless you pay even more that the $15 entry fee). I DO recommend you take the tour, but try to find an uncrowded day. It can be very tight inside.

There are newer reviews for Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio

Reviewed March 31, 2012

This restored home and studio, which just happens to be the work of probably America's most famous architect, is really interesting! They'll pitch their spring house walk, which lets you go inside a number of other Wright designed buildings and other homes "of the era." That's worth a trip back to Oak Park!!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

If you love Frank Lloyd Wright, this is a must see!

Reviewed March 23, 2012

I visit his home, then took the tour in the suburbs. Very interesting if you like home and design. My wife and friends enjoyed it. My friend actually lived in a FLW home...so they really like the tour and home.

Reviewed March 17, 2012

I really enjoyed the tour, as it was very comprehensive and provided a hood oversite on his work in Oak Park. This location was very well maintained and has an amazing gift shop.