“Hilton Oak Lawn, IL”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oak Lawn
Blacklick, Ohio
“Hilton Oak Lawn, IL”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

This was my second stay at this property and our overall experience was very good. The only problem on this trip was the crying baby next door. I will stay at this hotel again when traveling to Chicago, however I will request not to be next door to families with children.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Sheila,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased that you chose to stay with us again. Please accept our apologies for the disturbances you experienced while you were with us this trip. We look forward to continuing to welcome you back.
Portfolio Reputation Manager - Hilton Chicago/ Oak Lawn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Canada
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The staff was efficient and courteous. The site was well-maintained and updated. My stay was comfortable. I felt completely at home even though I am from out of the country. I will definitely stay here again next time I am in the area.

Caroline,
Thank you for choosing us as your hotel during your last visit. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the hotel, with all of its distinctive amenities. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding our hotel service team. We try to make each guest feel at home and it is great to hear that we have accomplished that goal for you. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Watertown, United States
Reviewed January 26, 2014

The hotel itself is a very nice property considering its age. My poor experience was with the hotel staff. I tried for 1.5 hours Saturday Evening to reach the front desk, operator and housekeeping by phone. Despite making a dozen or more attempts to connect to a person, my calls were never answered. This was between 9:00 and 10:30. a time I would expect somebody to be at the front desk. On Sunday when I went to the front desk to check out, there were two people ahead of me and no employee at the front desk. After about 5 minutes the Bell Captain came over and went to the back room to find someone to work the front desk. I brought up my experience from the night before and the clerk said "Oh". I was told I could have just dropped off my room keys for check out since I should have received a bill under my door. I told the desk clerk I never received one. If the staff had been pleasant and helpful, I would recommend this hotel. However I should have heeded the other reviewers who complained about the staff. Hilton Hotels --WAKE UP!!! If you want to offer poor service change the name on this property to a cheapo hotel and cut your prices.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Lawrence,
Thank you for staying with us, and for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.com. We have the greatest concern and respect for every guest’s experience. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case we failed to meet that criteria. Rest assured that this is not a customary experience for our guests and we will be addressing it immediately to ensure that it does not happen again. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
New Jersey
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Hilton in Oak Lawn is a womderful centrally located hotel near Midway Airport. The staff is helpful and the place is clean and comfortable. I've stayed here 5-6 times and it is consistently excellent.

Grand Entry,
Thank you so much for your loyalty to the hotel. It is an absolute pleasure to welcome friendly faces back. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Greer, South Carolina
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We were unfortunate enough to be caught in the huge flight stop due to the cold weather two weeks ago, but were able to get this hotel on Priceline for a very reasonable price once we knew we'd be stuck near Midway. We were put into what seemed like a brand-new room, never stayed in yet with brand new carpeting, new fixtures and an incredibly comfortable bed. The in room coffee maker was great (also new) and there was a bottle of water offered for free in room. The staff and shuttle drivers were friendly as well. The Starbucks cafe in the lobby was also convenient and made the coffee taste like it should at a regular Starbucks.

Bon Jon,
On behalf of our entire staff, thank you so much for your kind review. We certainly do strive to provide all of our guests with the level of service that you described you received during your stay and I will certainly make sure I acknowledge the entire staff for their efforts. I regret the circumstances under which you had to stay in the area, but am pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We look forward to a chance to welcome you back, during warm weather and better circumstances.
Elizabeth, Illinois
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We picked this hotel because it offered reasonable parking as well as a shuttle service to the local airport. We specifically asked at check in what we needed to do when we got back to get the shuttle. We were told that we just needed to call and the shuttle would come pick us up. Given that we we had paid $50 for the weeks parking, this is what we expected. When we arrived at the airport and called the hotel, we were told that the shuttle only ran at certain times and it would be an hour wait for the shuttle. We obviously didn't want to wait an additional hour and then ended up spending more money for a cab ride back to our car that we had already paid parking and shuttle for. Not a good experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Emily D, Portfolio Reputatuion Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Linemay,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, and that our team took care of you while you were on property. Please accept my sincere apologies that the shuttle information was not more clearly communicated with you. Please know that we will use your experience as a training opportunity to ensure that this does not happen again. Please feel free contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
edailey@greenwoodhospitality.com
313-253-4344
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Overall I was not extremely impressed with this particular hotel. The desk staff was not super friendly, and it seemed apparent they did not want to be there (I forgot to get the name of the gal that helped me). I am a Gold member and was not welcomed as such (which really isn't a big deal to me, but I know the Hilton brand is pretty adamant about it - at least in my past experience). My shuttle driver was George, who was about as friendly as they come. He helped me feel welcomed and made the stay all the more pleasant. I was upgraded for free to the Executive level which nice. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The executive lounge food was not something I would brag about or share with my friends. The lady hosting was very amiable. I had to leave too early to get breakfast and called to ask if there was a "to go" breakfast bag, which I have had at available at other Hilton Brand properties. They restaurant staff was fantastic and put together a box of some fruit, a muffin, and bagel. They brought it up to my room and I had it in the morning. This made the plane ride MUCH better. Overall, I would not dissuade anyone from staying here and it was a generally pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the executive level
Lucky Spin,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. Please accept my apologies that you did not feel welcomed in the way our associate greeted you, we will use your feedback as a training opportunity. I am pleased that, due to your Hilton Honors membership, she was able to upgrade you to a beautiful room on the executive floor and that you enjoyed the room. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding many of the other members of our hotel service team. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests and I will be sure to recognize George specifically for the positive impact that he had on your stay. I look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Lawn
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Midway Inn & Suites
Midway Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Oak Lawn

Been to Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn? Share your experiences!