“Hotel fine but shuttle terrible”

Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oak Lawn
Elizabeth, Illinois
“Hotel fine but shuttle terrible”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

We picked this hotel because it offered reasonable parking as well as a shuttle service to the local airport. We specifically asked at check in what we needed to do when we got back to get the shuttle. We were told that we just needed to call and the shuttle would come pick us up. Given that we we had paid $50 for the weeks parking, this is what we expected. When we arrived at the airport and called the hotel, we were told that the shuttle only ran at certain times and it would be an hour wait for the shuttle. We obviously didn't want to wait an additional hour and then ended up spending more money for a cab ride back to our car that we had already paid parking and shuttle for. Not a good experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Emily D, Portfolio Reputatuion Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Linemay,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. I am pleased that you enjoyed the hotel, and that our team took care of you while you were on property. Please accept my sincere apologies that the shuttle information was not more clearly communicated with you. Please know that we will use your experience as a training opportunity to ensure that this does not happen again. Please feel free contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again.
313-253-4344

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Pleasant Grove, Utah
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Overall I was not extremely impressed with this particular hotel. The desk staff was not super friendly, and it seemed apparent they did not want to be there (I forgot to get the name of the gal that helped me). I am a Gold member and was not welcomed as such (which really isn't a big deal to me, but I know the Hilton brand is pretty adamant about it - at least in my past experience). My shuttle driver was George, who was about as friendly as they come. He helped me feel welcomed and made the stay all the more pleasant. I was upgraded for free to the Executive level which nice. The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The executive lounge food was not something I would brag about or share with my friends. The lady hosting was very amiable. I had to leave too early to get breakfast and called to ask if there was a "to go" breakfast bag, which I have had at available at other Hilton Brand properties. They restaurant staff was fantastic and put together a box of some fruit, a muffin, and bagel. They brought it up to my room and I had it in the morning. This made the plane ride MUCH better. Overall, I would not dissuade anyone from staying here and it was a generally pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Try to stay on the executive level
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Lucky Spin,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. Please accept my apologies that you did not feel welcomed in the way our associate greeted you, we will use your feedback as a training opportunity. I am pleased that, due to your Hilton Honors membership, she was able to upgrade you to a beautiful room on the executive floor and that you enjoyed the room. We were truly humbled by your gracious comments regarding many of the other members of our hotel service team. All of the staff takes great pride in knowing that their hard work and dedication is making a difference to our guests and I will be sure to recognize George specifically for the positive impact that he had on your stay. I look forward to a chance to welcome you back again soon.
Walled lake
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I stay at this hotel for one or two nights every month on business. It is a boutique property based on the hotels desighn - it's round. The service staff is excellent and the food is excellent. The executive lounge is comfortable and has excellent amenities for morning and evening service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

John,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. We are so delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the hotel with all of its distinctive design features. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
FISHERS, United States
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hotel rooms were very nice. I used my HHonors to get a better rate. The accomodations were decent. Our family chose the hotel to celebrate Christmas & the waitstaff was awesome! The food served was pretty good, too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Emily D, Portfolio Reputation Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Cara,
I am pleased that you and your family chose to stay with us for Christmas and celebrate here together. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Thank you for your loyalty to Hilton. I am humbled to hear the service that was provided to you in Whitney's; our team takes pride in the service they provide and I will be sure to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Baltimore
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Hilton Oak Lawn is turning things around. The renovations are done in lobby and on several floors. Our room was great and the place was clean and well appointed. Their restaurant has been great for years and it continues it be incredible. The staff was great. We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Stay on the executive floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MJR3Baltimore,
Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with us. We strive to provide the best possible service and guest experiences every day, and it’s always great to hear from our guests on how we’re doing. I am pleased that you are enjoying all of the improvements that we have made to the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

This Hilton has clearly seen better days. The carpet is worn a
Mad stained. The light fixture dropped from the ceiling as I was on the room, scaring me half to death and the wallpaper was torn. The pillows were too soft the shower head really low.
About 15 min from midway. For the rate I would go elsewhere.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Live 2 Travel,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us regarding your most recent stay. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. I would like to truly apologize for the issues you had during your stay, it is certainly not customary for us to hear comments like this. We strive to exceed the expectations of every guest who stays with us, and regretfully in your case, we failed to meet that criteria. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated. Please contact me directly so I have a chance to follow up with your concerns. I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back again.
Sunman, United States
Reviewed December 14, 2013

ok experience....nothing to get excited about. The internet speed was not acceptable. The meeting rooms were cold and uncomfortable. ,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,..,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,..,.,.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Eric,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay at our hotel. We truly value your input and very much rely on you, our guest, to help us improve our hotel operation. I apologize that the internet was not suitable for your needs and that the meeting spaces were uncomfortable. We have shared your feedback with out maintenance team so they can make improvements to those areas. Please reach out to me directly so I have a chance to follow up on your concerns. I look forward to a chance to welcome you back and provide the experience we pride ourselves on.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Lawn
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Midway Inn & Suites
Midway Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Oak Lawn

Been to Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn? Share your experiences!