“Okay but over priced”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oak Lawn
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Okay but over priced”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The free airport shuttle does not operate on Sundays; however, the hotel reimburses you the taxi fare (not tip). My room had a very comfortable king-size bed and a good working area with a nice desk, desk lamp and chair. It had a separate vanity outside the bathroom area and a tiled foyer. The carpet was old and had black spots, and the bathroom had a lot of mold on the ceiling and around the tub. The box of Kleenex was positioned on the wall and the whole box was wet. I walked to Boston Market because the hotel restaurant closed at 2:00. I thought it was overpriced for the area and the condition of the bathroom. Not a typical Hilton property. Will check out properties next time in area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Nice hotel, has everything you need without paying the price of downtown. Just a short commute into the city. The staff is pleasant, room service prompt and tasty and it has an indoor pool (a little chilly during my stay). On site free parking and convenient to the highway. The bar is a hotel bar, so prices are appropriate. I have stayed here twice and will most likely return.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Overall this hotel was nice. Stayed here for 2 days in mid-Oct for two days of meetings/presentations for work. We were in two separate conference rooms over the two days. On both days there was a lot of noise from another conference in one of the rooms nearby. It was especially loud the second day with music playing over the speakers and a lot of people holding conversations trying to talk over the music. It was disruptive for our meeting next door.

Cookies during our meeting were warm and delicious. We could've used some coffee earlier on that day but it eventually came.

The executive lounge on 12th floor with pool table, tvs, & free drinks is a nice amenity. Rooms were small but fine for one person traveling on business. The hotel staff was generally friendly. One of the managers went out of his way to help me get set up with a space to have a conference call. Although the room where he put me was quickly busy with workers setting up for another meeting that had little regard for me. Eventually we moved to the business center and finished up the call there.

Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The is an average hotel. Nothing super special, and nothing super bad. The rooms are large and decently appointed. The service was good and the food decent. I like the location of the hotel...particularly if you are doing business on the South Side of the city. The free parking was nice.

The only negatives that I have for this property is that the bed was too soft for my liking and it ended up hurting my back. It was soo bad that I had to sleep horizontally. I also think that the cleaning could have been a bit better. The room keys are also super sensitive. My key got deactivated several times which was very annoying.

Room Tip: City View.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I am a Hilton traveler and I will never stay here again. Tired, noisy, dated don't even begin to describe this place. I waited at the empty front desk for a long time while the phone rang and rang.

Elevators slow and old.

Seems like they are renting rooms by the week or month.

The bright spots..... The restaurant food at dinner was very good and well presented, although I had to keep swatting fruit flies. The bedding was nice with clean crisp sheets.

Hilton needs to pull their name from this place.

• Stayed September 2012
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was traveling for labor day weekend and needed a place to stay. The hotel that I booked via priceline was so bad I needed to find another place. Everywhere was and arm and a leg, except this place (under $150). What can I say, Hilton delivers again. I will never stay anywhere but a Hilton hotel. The overnight hotel staff (Michael if I remember correctly) was fantastic. He checked us in rapidly and was very pleasant. I heard him helping another another guest and saw that It not just me that he was delivering great service to. The only problem was my flight was at 8am and only got to sleep 4 hours. Great place, will stay here if coming into midway airport again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sajid S
Woodruff, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff and great accomodations.
Would definitely recommend to anyone.
Great fitness center, bar and restaurant and starbucks coffee shop. Other restaurants close by. Nothing but praise for this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
Midway Inn & Suites
Midway Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Oak Lawn
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn? Share your experiences!