“Way too far from Airport”

Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Oak Lawn
Mastic Beach, New York
“Way too far from Airport”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was on business for just an overnight stay with a very early departure in the AM. In order to make flight I needed to leave Hotel @ 4:30AM. Web page said 24 hr courtesy airport transportation! Well it turns out that they do not offer 24 hr anymore and I had to pay $20.00 to get a taxi. Since hotel is so far from Airport or any other hotels I found myself having to stay put.
The hotel was fine except they also state view of Chicago Skyline NOT unless your on the roof, The only thing I saw was the top of the dirty roof & noisy Air conditioner system. I was told that I would be reinbursed for the cab fee but 2 1/2 months still no check.

Room Tip: stay w=away from the airconditioner unit on the roof 'VERY NOISY
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2012

i was on business and stayed at this hotel for a couple of days. i was bummed to find that its much further away from O'hare ( about 40 minutes and having to go through 3 tolls one way @ $1.50 each CASH) and Midway was about 4 - 5 miles down the road (ZERO tolls). However, I enjoyed my stay from the moment I arrived. It was a very quick, easy and friendly check-in. There were several amenities that captured my eye such as buffett breakfast, a gym, indoor pool, free parking , Wifi and they served Starbucks coffee. The room was beyond roomie, it was huge for an Executive King size...ask for a room with a view of downtown Chicago on a clear day it looks spectacular during the night and day. The hotel was also quite a hike from Downtown area about 20 - 30 minutes or more depending on traffic. i would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Downtown.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Union City, California
Reviewed July 12, 2012

It was a wonderful stay at Hilton, Oak lawn... we were visiting chicago for 5 days and stayed here.... excellent service, very courteous staff, decent food... good place to stay....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Smritij6
Ventura, California
Reviewed July 5, 2012

This is a very nice place with a wonderful front desk staff. And my room attendant was very pleasant. For the price, you can't beat this Hilton. I was on the south side. It was quiet and the room was large and very comfortable. If you don't mind being a little ways away from Midway (they do have a shuttle), this place works very well. If you're a runner, go north into the neighborhoods. Not perfect but it works for five or six miles. I'd stay again for the great price I got on Hotwire.

Room Tip: Get a room on the east facing side away from the tracks although I never heard anything.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I was stranded at Midway after some flight cancellations, and found this hotel to be nearish. Normally I go for Hilton Garden Inn Midway or something closer, but this was more affordable. The location is interesting, and I wouldn't recommend it for vacationers, but as a stranded business traveller I found it to be a great value. I was exhausted, so maybe that's to blame, but I didn't hear any trains that the other travelers mentioned.

The staff was so sweet and made sure I had everything I could need. The shuttle started nice and early too. My room was just flat out fantastic- bigger than a few apartments I've had and nice and updated. This will be my go-to whenever I am stranded at the airport in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lagreenwell
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 29, 2012

our flights got screwed up because of weather and we were forced to spend the night near Midway Airport - the Hilton in Oaklawn was a great choice and made a bad situation much better. This property is much nicer than the ones closer to the airport but it is more than worth the extra 3 miles - and the shuttle is complimentary.

The rooms are very nice, beds are great, bathrooms are beautiful, breakfast in the restaurant is good and the staff were friendly and helpful.

If we end up needing to stay near Midway again, we will definitely choose this Hilton.

Room Tip: We stayed in 1012. It was quiet with a view of Chicago.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I want to own a piece of this hotel. Parking lot was always full and there were always 3 or 4 events going on in the conference center at all times.
Very friendly staff. Convenient location with plenty of restaurants in close proximity. We had business in Beverly and it was a breeze to get back and forth.
Let me tell you - this is the ONLY nice option in the area, which I can't figure out why someone else hasn't built some competition. We've tried several options in the area - this is the best.
Really nice pool and workout room. Rooms are clean and large with picture windows.
My one tip - ask for non-adjoining room because the adjoining room doors have no insulation, so if someone is staying in the adjoining room and they are just talking, it's like they are in the same room. Our neighbors were all very reasonable. Our friend had a non-adjoining room and it was very quiet. Hilton Honor perks are awesome at this hotel.

Room Tip: As I said - get a non-adjoining room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Midway Inn & Suites
Midway Inn & Suites
#4 of 4 in Oak Lawn
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Hilton Chicago/Oak Lawn? Share your experiences!