“Good food good service”

Portillo's Hot Dogs
Ranked #1 of 132 Restaurants in Oak Lawn
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

The food is always good at Portillos. It is served fast and hot. My favorite is their flame broiled double cheese burger. Their prices are very competitive with other fast food chains. Busy drive up small wait. Love the antiques and memorabilia.

Reviewed November 20, 2017

I love this place. The hamburgers are great as well as the beef sandwiches. The desserts are to die for. My favorite is the strawberry shortcake, which is made to order.

Reviewed November 11, 2017

The ribs are fall off the bones tender. The burgers are probably the best on the south side. A go to spot when no one can decide what we are hungry for.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Have never had a bad meal here. We frequently come here for lunch from work. Employees are friendly and quick. /food is always hot and tasty! They even rock the drive-thru, getting small fast orders out so you are not waiting as long!

Reviewed September 29, 2017

Portillo's is well know in the Chicago area. There are several locations. I am not a first timer for Portillo's. I have been there at least a hundred times. Two lines form when you get their. People after beef sandwiches, and Portillo Dogs (Chicago Dog). And people after pasta or salads. There are several other choices of course but mainly these two.
It is hard for me to choose what to eat every time I go in. Portillo Dog or Beef sandwich.
I no longer live in Chicago area. In fact I am at least five hours away. So when I get the opportunity to go to Portillo's, I will get both. A Potillo Dog with everything (no ketchup allowed on a Chicago Dog) and a beef sandwich with a slightly spicey mix of carrots, celery, onions, and peppers, or sweet peppers and onions, then dipped in
au jus. Just enough to make it juicy but not too juicy to pickup and eat. Portillo's is always full so be patient, it is well worth waiting for!

Been to Portillo's Hot Dogs? Share your experiences!