“faked out”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Louie's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Louie's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 123 Restaurants in Oak Lawn
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cicero
Chicago, Illinois
“faked out”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Been living in this area for 23 years and never knew this place existed. Friendly greeting at the door and the atmosphere was very nice. Very good service and the music in the background was pleasant. Wine and Calamari were excellent. French Onion soup is usually my favorite, but I was unable to get past my third spoonful due to its spiciness. Never had spicy French Onion soup in my life. Was not charged for that. My wife had Chicken with Alfredo sauce. Pretty good. I had Jumbo Shrimp Linguini in wine sauce. Every forkful had a hint of sourness. Maybe the sauce, but I didn't like it. Took left overs home and ended up throwing it all away. I would give it another try though and try something else.

• Visited November 2013

Dolton, Illinois
“HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I took my best friend for a birthday dinner because she had raved about the food and drinks at this EXPENSIVE chop house. Needless to say, we were quite excited to try this place out. Well, boy were we disappointed. We were greeted and seated by the owner who was very nice and accommodating. Unfortunately, that is where our pleasant experience ended. Our waiter, KEITH, was extremely rude and seemingly uninterested in describing the specials of the day and also had an obvious bad attitude when dealing with my table. I noticed that we were the only African Americans in the restaurant and that he was more friendly and attentive to the other tables. We did not receive any bread when other tables did and he questioned by boyfriend about his drink choice in a very snobby and rude manner. My best friend then ordered a crab cake appetizer which is the one dish that she always orders and loves and I mentioned to KEITH that I was ready to order, which he promptly ignored and walked away. Upon delivery of the appetizer, we placed our entree orders but my friend noticed right away that the crab cakes were mushy and the pineapple salsa was discolored (dark green). When she asked KEITH why the dish looked different from every other time she ordered it, he became noticeably irritated and just snatched the plate away. We decided immediately, that we would not stay and proceed to spend money in this restaurant. When KEITH returned and asked if she wanted to order something else, I informed him that he could cancel our orders and to please bring the check. He walked away in a huff and threw the menu behind the order stand right in front of the owner. He proceeded into the kitchen where we heard him yelling to the staff to NOT COOK ANYTHING, and the rest was unintelligible. We paid the check for our drinks (EXACT CHANGE) and then expressed our grievances to the owner, who did not seem to really care, but did mention that KEITH was one of her best servers. This sent the final impression that our complaints meant nothing. I will never return to this EXPENSIVE restaurant only to be treated like a SECOND CLASS CITIZEN!

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank Celeste C
naperville
“NEWLY REMODELED -EVERYTHING NEW - MUST SEE”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Everything was excellent - I had the best strawberry drink I ever had. We all had something
different - ribs, sea bass & prime rib everyone was extremely happy with their choices. Also
the cream of chicken soup was to die for. Great atmosphere and service would highly recommend its a diamond in the ruff right in Oak Lawn

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank general001
St. Louis
“So So Experience”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Restaurant came highly recommended by the Hilton Garden Inn front desk staff. Upon entering the restaurant I noticed a 2012 Taste of Chicago plaque. So far, so good. Let me preface the review by saying I don't often choose a steakhouse for my business meal, but wanted to give it a shot.

The ambiance reminded me of someplace I would have taken a date when I was 16, in an effort to impress. After a few minutes, I just felt older than I am (and I'm old enough)! The music playing was a collection of crooners from the '60s (maybe even the '50s). The room was dark, tables appointed with white linen cloth, and overall just felt a little AARPish to me.

The server was young, fun, professional, and provided excellent service. (Wish I remembered her name),

My mistake, perhaps, was to order a seafood dish at a chop house. That being said, it was a "special" and sounded delicious. Only after ordering did I find out it was new to the menu and I was one of, if not the first, to order it. The meal was a Jerk seasoned Mahi with mango salsa and additional spices. The fish itself was just a little dry, the seasoning was OK, and the salsa was overdone with the mango not much more than mush. Feedback was solicited from the kitchen and provided. Sides consisted of soup, asparagus, and garlic mash which were all fine, but underwhelming.

I might be willing to give Louie's another chance, but will opt for "red meat" if I do. Overall, it seemed a bit overpriced and overstated based upon what was served.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank HHSmith
Chicago
“Absolutely Awesome”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I eat here at least once a month. The food is fantastic, and the service is good. They have many specials that are fabulous everytime we go. Both my husband and I love to bring family here so they can enjoy it too. The crab cakes are excellent.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Michelle G

Been to Louie's Chop House? Share your experiences!