“So So Experience”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Louie's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Louie's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 123 Restaurants in Oak Lawn
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cicero
St. Louis
“So So Experience”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Restaurant came highly recommended by the Hilton Garden Inn front desk staff. Upon entering the restaurant I noticed a 2012 Taste of Chicago plaque. So far, so good. Let me preface the review by saying I don't often choose a steakhouse for my business meal, but wanted to give it a shot.

The ambiance reminded me of someplace I would have taken a date when I was 16, in an effort to impress. After a few minutes, I just felt older than I am (and I'm old enough)! The music playing was a collection of crooners from the '60s (maybe even the '50s). The room was dark, tables appointed with white linen cloth, and overall just felt a little AARPish to me.

The server was young, fun, professional, and provided excellent service. (Wish I remembered her name),

My mistake, perhaps, was to order a seafood dish at a chop house. That being said, it was a "special" and sounded delicious. Only after ordering did I find out it was new to the menu and I was one of, if not the first, to order it. The meal was a Jerk seasoned Mahi with mango salsa and additional spices. The fish itself was just a little dry, the seasoning was OK, and the salsa was overdone with the mango not much more than mush. Feedback was solicited from the kitchen and provided. Sides consisted of soup, asparagus, and garlic mash which were all fine, but underwhelming.

I might be willing to give Louie's another chance, but will opt for "red meat" if I do. Overall, it seemed a bit overpriced and overstated based upon what was served.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank HHSmith

Chicago
“Absolutely Awesome”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I eat here at least once a month. The food is fantastic, and the service is good. They have many specials that are fabulous everytime we go. Both my husband and I love to bring family here so they can enjoy it too. The crab cakes are excellent.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Michelle G
Milton
“A pleasurable dining experience”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

From great steaks and seafood to an enjoyable atmosphere with live music, Louie's offers a very nice sit down meal. The owner was present and seemed to be very involved in the business which was nice to see. The quality of food is great and they make most items from scratch and it makes a difference. I would recommend the crab cakes.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Mary Ellen M
TINLEY PARK
“Terrible Food!”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

We really wanted to like it here. It is very nice on the inside. But we had some of the most terrible food at somewhat high prices. The steaks were so tough & grizzly that they were awful. I know that some folks love it here, but to each his own. Never again! One nice thing is that there is plenty of free parking out in front, and it is very easy to find at 103rd & Cicero in Oak Lawn.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank mathgenius
Oak Lawn, Illinois, United States
“ambience ...love that piano bar....”
Reviewed February 11, 2012

best fish in town...no matter what u choose to order it s all high quality food