“Lunch seminar.”

Francesca's on 95th
Reserve with OpenTable
Francesca's on 95th is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 138 Restaurants in Oak Lawn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 95th and Ridgeland
Description: Francesca’s on 95th opened its doors to guests in April of 2009 and joins the Francesca’s family of restaurants as the 18th addition to the family. This south-suburban Chicago outpost offers guests “simple rustic cooking, friendly service and fair prices”; a winning recipe for Francesca’s since 1992. Their menu features the zesty, earthy cuisine of Rome and the surrounding areas of Tuscany, Umbria and Lazio. An eclectic wine list and one-of-a-kind martini’s make the perfect accompaniment to an outstanding dining experience. Drawing its name from the main thoroughfare of Village of Oak Lawn, Francesca’s on 95th features a classically designed bar, lofty ceilings and a bustling trattoria feel. Striking photographs of rural Italian life by Paul Elledge line the walls to create a comfortable, urban setting throughout.
Reviewed October 2, 2017

Been here several times. Always a great experience, great food,and service. Food served fast and warm. Nice quiet room.

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

Wow. The food here was amazing. Each dish our group received was delicious. The menu changes a lot but if you have a chance, try the gnocchi. It was filled with cheese and tossed in a light sauce. Very good! The dessert was also delicious. This evening they had a chocolate coffee creme brulee and it was smooth, decadent and was the perfect ending to the meal. Really great food and atmosphere.

Reviewed May 24, 2017

I'm a believer in giving second chances, with friends and restaurants. Having been disappointed with the food at this particular Francesca's on a previous visit we decided to stop by for a light dinner last night. Turns out, Tuesday is 1/2 price wine bottle night. Score one.
We took a look at the menu. So many pasta dishes. Not in the mood for that. So we let our very attentive waiter Sal lead the way with a wine and meal suggestion. He was spot on with a very smooth and drinkable California Cab from Avalon Winery, and for our main course the veal medallions. ( I nearly always try to order something I don't want to cook at home. Veal is one of those dishes) The veal came to the table cooked medium, as requested, and the wine and mushroom sauce was perfect. The crusty bread was warm, the service was excellent, so a great evening at Francesca's on 95th in Oak Lawn.

Reviewed May 21, 2017

My wife and I were in town visiting family and we like to find new places to dine where our family has not been before. We checked out Francesca's on 95th, and the family was not disappointed! Francesca's actually has 18 locations in the Chicago area, but the one on 95th had all of the feeling of a family run restaurant that takes great pride in their food, and their service to customers. We arrived on time for our 7 PM reservation. Francesca's has a very nice ambiance with a large bar at the back of the restaurant and booths and tables. There was also a private room available. Rob greeted us as we entered, and led us to our table. We asked if we could be seated at a round table, and he eagerly set a new table for us and we were seated in minutes. Our waiter, Oscar, appeared promptly and introduced himself, and took our drink order. Hector, the bartender makes a fine straight up Manhattan in a chilled glass, as it should be! Several in our group ordered the Italian Wedge Salad, it was beautifully presented and was dressed with a blue cheese dressing. The reviews I had read raved about the veal at Francesca's, but in reviewing the menu, there was no veal selection listed! I asked Oscar about this and he checked with the chef and said they would be happy to prepare a veal dish. He then described three different veal dishes that the chef offered to prepare. My wife and I both ordered the "Veal Saucy" made with a brandy sauce, herbs and artichoke hearts. The Chef recommended medium rare so I ordered mine that way, and my wife ordered her's medium. They were both cooked exactly as ordered and were delicious. Others in our group ordered pork chops, roasted half chicken with garlic, shallots, rosemary, lemon and olive oil, which was served with roasted potatoes. Another family member ordered Spaghetti with shrimp, asparagus, shiitake mushrooms, garlic and white wine in a tomato and basil sauce. Everyone enjoyed what they ordered immensely! Servings are quite hefty and some of us took home a box so we had room for dessert! Two of us ordered the "Sloppy Sundae" which were tall goblets with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. The Chocolate sauce was drizzled on the outside of the goblet and on the plate it was served on and looked incredibly decadent. My wife had the Tiramisu which I sampled and it was very good! A couple of us ordered wine by the glass, Calista Pinot Noir and Ripa Del More Super Tuscan and were pleased with our selections. Wine by the glass was between $8-$15, and bottle pricing was $30-$49; very reasonable! There is also a nice selection of Beers and 16 different cocktails listed on the menu! We did not sample any but titles included "Death By Raspberry", "The Outlaw", and of course "Chicago Manhattan"! There is an extensive wine list featuring Italian wines and some from California. All in all it was an excellent meal, we had great service from all attending our table. As Oscar brought us our bill he advised that the Manager had bought a round of drinks for us on the house! I think we will be back to Francesca's on 95th!

Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

It's the classiest spot on the South Side of Chicago.The interior is mid size,I suggest a reservation esp on holidays.The veal is divine.The portions are tasty,authentic and plentiful.The wait staff is superb and don't be surprised that the most
enthusiastic,courteous and gracious
waitress..is the owner,Francesca.My
mom loves this place for special occasions.One visit,I had a hard time finding a close spot so I had to let
my mom out at the door on her walker.
A woman stepped out and escorted her
to a table while I parked.It took me
awhile.Mom had to go to bathroom.The
same woman walked her to the bathroom
and waited outside it to walk her back.I saw her gently leading mom to
her table.After we ate,she walked out
with mom and waited while I got the car.I thanked her profusely and asked her name.She said:Francesca.It was THE Francesca.

1  Thank Deborah D

Been to Francesca's on 95th? Share your experiences!