“breakfast” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oak Forest
Riverdale, Illinois
“breakfast”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

last time I was there they had the best potatoes for breakfast now they don't make them anymore. also our stay would have being great if i was not for the breakfast person. She was very rude and ignorant we came down about 840am to eat breakfast and she told us we needed to move to the couch because she had to clean it was just 5 to nine. we are in the middle of eating before nine and we were told to leave.I wish at check in they would have told us that at 9am the dinning area clears up regardless if you are done eating or not and she had an attitude telling my wife well mam i need to do my job and took the remote and changed the channel we cleared our stuff and checked out we were there for 2 days but with that lady my wife was upset ans just wanted to go home the rating of 2 was for that lady if she treats people like that eventually you will lose customers. you should really bring back the potatoes also she should be wearing a hair net that hair is all ove the place and messy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
First let me thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I do apologize that we did not have the potatoes during your stay with us. We do offer a rotating menu with different hot items each day to make sure our guests get a variety and there is something to please everyone. I also would like to apologize if my breakfast attendent asked you to move to the couch. I will be speaking with her regarding this issue to make sure it does not happen again in the future. I hope you give us another chance to serve you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sparta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I never wrote a review before but trip advisor really helped me plan my trip to Chicago so thank you to all who have written reviews! Married w/ 4 children. Hotel was clean, updated and reasonably priced. They were slow keeping up with refilling breakfast food partially b/c so busy but for hotel food it was pretty good quality and selection. Breakfast and pool towels needed to be better staffed and supplied are my only complaints. Felt safe in the location of the hotel(even on the southside of Chicago). Highly recommend!! Great hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and I am happy to hear that you joined the TripAdvisor Review Family. Leaving hotels reviews are a great way to let other guests know what to expect and also help the hotel improve. I know the weekend you were here we were super busy with a large group but I will be speaking to my breakfast attendent to make sure our breakfast stays stocked and replenished. I am happy to hear that you felt safe and had a comfortable stay. We will be looking foward to having you stay with us again in the future!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was very my nice, nicer than I expected.... originally i just wanted to stay 1 night but after staying that night I realized I enjoyed it and I wound up staying for 3 more nights. just to get away and have a peaceful time... it was very relaxing the pool is great and have hot tub was even better :) the hotel staff was nice there was only 1 lady I really had to talk to at the front desk other than that I really wasn't bothered and I really enjoyed my stay :) the location wasn't too great though winding roads to get to it all in all the hotel was great!!!

• Stayed March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
First let me thank you for being out guest! I am glad after you stayed one night you decided you wanted to stay longer. We try to make our guest's stays as comfortable as possible. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our relaxing pool and hottub. We look foward to having you stay with us again and can promise you another relaxing retreat.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a two-week work trip last fall. You can't get better than this hotel in the area. Very comfortable rooms with nice desk area and comfy desk chair. The wifi connection was a bit spotty but the wired connection never failed. The room was very quiet and I never heard a peep from neighboring rooms or the hallway (I did stay on the second floor at the end near the stairs). The breakfast options were plentiful and of good quality. The pool was very clean and well maintained, and it was long enough to swim laps in (and the hot tub was truly hot as well!). The front desk was always really helpful and friendly with directions and restaurant recommendations. Overall, a very pleasant surprise. Would definitely recommend to anyone staying in the area for business or visiting family.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a fantastic review!! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed all our hotel had to offer during your work trip.. I am also glad to hear my staff was able to help you navagiate your way through town to local restaurants. My staff and I hope the next time you are in the area for businesses you stay with us again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was nothing short of amazing, it's nicely tucked away off a quiet road by a business park. Staff was extremely caring and could tell they take pride in their job. Have NEVER seen a place as clean as this one. Rooms are huge and very nicely decorated and maintained. Breakfast was a nice hot breakfast and the pool was sparkling clean. Will definitely be choosing this hotel as the one I stay at whenever I'm out this way!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Coaler2004
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I am so happy to hear that this is the best place you have stayed in a long time. Our team is committed to their jobs and we try our hardest to deliver the best service possible to all guests. We hope to see you back soon next time you are in the Chicagoland Area.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here during the Christmas-New Years holiday while visiting family. I was very surprised at how nice it was. Rooms are huge, among the biggest I've seen in a non-suite hotel (I swear we had two kings instead of the two queens that were listed). Everything was clean and new, easy to use WIFI and nice breakfast. There was an incident with some rowdy guests that had to be escorted away, but it was New Years Eve and it was handled quickly so I won't downgrade them for that.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gjames80
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! I am so happy to hear that you were pleasantly suprised and loved our clean rooms! I personally would like to apologize for any trouble you had with the guests that had to be escorted out. After one complaint and the guest not cooperating we did call the police and have them take care of the situation. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you back soon!
Canton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Clean, Clean, Clean. The rooms are very comfortable and did I mention clean? Great people that want to take care of your needs and put you at ease. Kick your shoes off and enjoy. If it had a bar and grill I don't think I would leave.

Room Tip: Haven't had a bad one.