“Pleasantly surprised!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oak Forest
Plano, Texas
“Pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here during the Christmas-New Years holiday while visiting family. I was very surprised at how nice it was. Rooms are huge, among the biggest I've seen in a non-suite hotel (I swear we had two kings instead of the two queens that were listed). Everything was clean and new, easy to use WIFI and nice breakfast. There was an incident with some rowdy guests that had to be escorted away, but it was New Years Eve and it was handled quickly so I won't downgrade them for that.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank gjames80
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! I am so happy to hear that you were pleasantly suprised and loved our clean rooms! I personally would like to apologize for any trouble you had with the guests that had to be escorted out. After one complaint and the guest not cooperating we did call the police and have them take care of the situation. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Canton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Clean, Clean, Clean. The rooms are very comfortable and did I mention clean? Great people that want to take care of your needs and put you at ease. Kick your shoes off and enjoy. If it had a bar and grill I don't think I would leave.

Room Tip: Haven't had a bad one.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert P
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Best place I've stayed, it's my favorite! What a great review title. I am so happy to heard that you enjoy our very clean hotel and get to kick your shoes off and relax whenever you stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and we look foward to having you stay with us again in the future.
Missouri City, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

My daughter and I drove in for a family emergency, I had stayed here earlier in the year for a family celebration in the area, so I was familiar with the property. The location is in a quiet spot, far enough from the freeway to be free of traffic noise but centrally located for our needs in the southern suburbs.
Once again the beds were fresh and comfortable.
The breakfast attendant was cheerful and efficient, as was the desk staff.
Check in was quick an easy, the cost was easy on my budget. Overall a great value.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Julie thank you for continuing to stay with us when you are in Chicago. I am happy to hear that you once again enjoyed your stay with us. We get many compliments about the comfort of our beds and the cleanliness of our hotel. We will be seeing you soon in the New Year.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel is tucked away in a quiet little corner but still right near the expressway. It is hidden a bit and I can see how some reviewers find it a little hard to find but it's quiet and far enough away from the expressway to not be noisy in the rooms yet close enough; just a minute or two to just jump right on the expressway to get around. The hotel is quite stunning. It's got vibrant colors and is very modern. Fresh baked warm Otis spunkmeyer cookies as you check in were sooo good!The indoor heated pool and hot tub was very welcoming after being in meetings all day. I didn't use the exercise room even though I had planned on it but I just didn't have the time but it looked really nice. I didn't need to use the business center because I bring my laptop everywhere but the free wireless was great. The free breakfast was my favorite.. It had hot items like sausage, egg and waffles plus so much more. Very great value for the money and wonderful customer service too. The girls at the front desk were very outgoing and funny and made me laugh every time I was in the lobby. I was very impressed with this hidden gem and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Geanine J
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking your time to leave us a great review! We are conveniently located right off interstate 57 in a quiet business park. We have signs to help our guests navigate to our hidden gem. All of our free amenities add up to a great value. I am thrilled to hear that my front desk staff was outgoing and made you laugh every time you were in the lobby. We hope to see you back at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chicago Southland next time you are in the area.
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Using GPS, I had no trouble finding this Best Western, and there was plenty of parking upon arrival. The room was clean except for some strange red stain on the carpet. We had been told a roll-away bed could be obtained on arrival (or at least by bedtime), but once we arrived, we were told none were available; however, they moved us to a room with a pull-out sofa bed - which felt like lying on a thin box spring (more so than a mattress), so there was no way we could sleep on it comfortably. The queen beds were too soft, and the two adults lying on them rolled toward the center unless they put pillows between them. The televisions were nice and there was a variety of channels to chose from. The desk chair was very uncomfortable and dropped back when sitting in it (no back support). The breakfast was advertised as a "breakfast buffet," but a more accurate description is "deluxe continental breakfast." They had generic fruit loops, frosted flakes, and what appeared to be raisin bran in plastic dispensers, milk in pitchers (I would prefer unopened cartons or bottles), juice, cheap-looking pastries, cheap-looking bread, bagels, and english muffins, a couple of yogurt choices, a belgian waffle maker, and a container of rubbery sausages and another container of fake eggs (patties one day, scrambled another day). After 2 days of eating it, we just had to find a restaurant to eat our remaining breakfasts at! The pool was functional (whereas before it had been closed for remodeling). The staff was friendly and gave us extra shampoo and a free newspaper. It was a roof over our head and clean, but the furniture needs a major overhaul (bed firmness and supportive desk chairs), and the breakfast should either be properly advertised as "deluxe continental breakfast," or they should upgrade their food items to be a real breakfast buffet (which would include bacon, sausage, ham, biscuits, gravy, real eggs, quality bread, fruit, waffles, pancakes, french toast, brand-name cereals, etc.).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent visit with our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you were very disappointed and would like to apologize for any issues you had during your stay. We can never guarantee a roll-away bed, I will be reinforcing this with my staff. I am happy to hear that my staff was able to upgrade you to our Queen Suite to sleep the extra person in your group. All of our guests enjoy our flat panel TV’s and channel options we offer. I hope you give us another chance to serve you and I can guarantee you a better experience.
Escondido, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

While I experienced this Best Western to be a little difficult to find, overall I will rate it a "10" out of "10." There was no problem finding a parking space. The check in and check out were fast. All the staff encountered were friendly and courteous. The room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. There was plenty of hot water upon taking a shower in the morning. The exercise facility had a good treadmill, and all the equipment in the small gym worked. The free breakfast was not a continental breakfast, but a full breakfast. There were scrambled eggs and almost everything to fill you up. I enjoyed reading the complimentary USA Today newspaper that is available to the guests at this hotel. I will definitely be staying here again when in the Chicago area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for being our guest and leaving us an awesome review! I would like to apologize if you had any difficulty finding us but I am glad you enjoyed everything else about your stay. Our hotel offers many amenities that guests enjoy during their stays (free breakfast, complimentary USA today newspapers, swimming pool and the fitness room). We hope to see you back soon at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chicago Southland!
Jefferson, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I spent 5 days in the Chicago area visiting my family and taking some time away from home. The Room we had was very clean, we LOVED the comfort of the bed, nice breakfast every morning. The night shift front desk lady was so so friendly....even gave us copies of directions to local restaurants that she knew were good. We will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us an awesome review. My staff and I at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chicago Southland are so happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed yourselves while in Chicago. I am glad you enjoyed our clean and modern rooms. The staff is very familiar with the area and we all have are favorite restaurants to recommend to our valued guests too. We hope to see you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Forest
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Orland Park
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park

Been to BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland? Share your experiences!