“A repeat customer”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oak Forest
Missouri City, Texas
“A repeat customer”
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

My daughter and I drove in for a family emergency, I had stayed here earlier in the year for a family celebration in the area, so I was familiar with the property. The location is in a quiet spot, far enough from the freeway to be free of traffic noise but centrally located for our needs in the southern suburbs.
Once again the beds were fresh and comfortable.
The breakfast attendant was cheerful and efficient, as was the desk staff.
Check in was quick an easy, the cost was easy on my budget. Overall a great value.

• Stayed December 2012
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at Best Western Chicago Southland, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Julie thank you for continuing to stay with us when you are in Chicago. I am happy to hear that you once again enjoyed your stay with us. We get many compliments about the comfort of our beds and the cleanliness of our hotel. We will be seeing you soon in the New Year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel is tucked away in a quiet little corner but still right near the expressway. It is hidden a bit and I can see how some reviewers find it a little hard to find but it's quiet and far enough away from the expressway to not be noisy in the rooms yet close enough; just a minute or two to just jump right on the expressway to get around. The hotel is quite stunning. It's got vibrant colors and is very modern. Fresh baked warm Otis spunkmeyer cookies as you check in were sooo good!The indoor heated pool and hot tub was very welcoming after being in meetings all day. I didn't use the exercise room even though I had planned on it but I just didn't have the time but it looked really nice. I didn't need to use the business center because I bring my laptop everywhere but the free wireless was great. The free breakfast was my favorite.. It had hot items like sausage, egg and waffles plus so much more. Very great value for the money and wonderful customer service too. The girls at the front desk were very outgoing and funny and made me laugh every time I was in the lobby. I was very impressed with this hidden gem and would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Geanine J
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at Best Western Chicago Southland, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you so much for taking your time to leave us a great review! We are conveniently located right off interstate 57 in a quiet business park. We have signs to help our guests navigate to our hidden gem. All of our free amenities add up to a great value. I am thrilled to hear that my front desk staff was outgoing and made you laugh every time you were in the lobby. We hope to see you back at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chicago Southland next time you are in the area.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Using GPS, I had no trouble finding this Best Western, and there was plenty of parking upon arrival. The room was clean except for some strange red stain on the carpet. We had been told a roll-away bed could be obtained on arrival (or at least by bedtime), but once we arrived, we were told none were available; however, they moved us to a room with a pull-out sofa bed - which felt like lying on a thin box spring (more so than a mattress), so there was no way we could sleep on it comfortably. The queen beds were too soft, and the two adults lying on them rolled toward the center unless they put pillows between them. The televisions were nice and there was a variety of channels to chose from. The desk chair was very uncomfortable and dropped back when sitting in it (no back support). The breakfast was advertised as a "breakfast buffet," but a more accurate description is "deluxe continental breakfast." They had generic fruit loops, frosted flakes, and what appeared to be raisin bran in plastic dispensers, milk in pitchers (I would prefer unopened cartons or bottles), juice, cheap-looking pastries, cheap-looking bread, bagels, and english muffins, a couple of yogurt choices, a belgian waffle maker, and a container of rubbery sausages and another container of fake eggs (patties one day, scrambled another day). After 2 days of eating it, we just had to find a restaurant to eat our remaining breakfasts at! The pool was functional (whereas before it had been closed for remodeling). The staff was friendly and gave us extra shampoo and a free newspaper. It was a roof over our head and clean, but the furniture needs a major overhaul (bed firmness and supportive desk chairs), and the breakfast should either be properly advertised as "deluxe continental breakfast," or they should upgrade their food items to be a real breakfast buffet (which would include bacon, sausage, ham, biscuits, gravy, real eggs, quality bread, fruit, waffles, pancakes, french toast, brand-name cereals, etc.).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at Best Western Chicago Southland, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent visit with our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you were very disappointed and would like to apologize for any issues you had during your stay. We can never guarantee a roll-away bed, I will be reinforcing this with my staff. I am happy to hear that my staff was able to upgrade you to our Queen Suite to sleep the extra person in your group. All of our guests enjoy our flat panel TV’s and channel options we offer. I hope you give us another chance to serve you and I can guarantee you a better experience.
Escondido, California
Reviewed November 12, 2012

While I experienced this Best Western to be a little difficult to find, overall I will rate it a "10" out of "10." There was no problem finding a parking space. The check in and check out were fast. All the staff encountered were friendly and courteous. The room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. There was plenty of hot water upon taking a shower in the morning. The exercise facility had a good treadmill, and all the equipment in the small gym worked. The free breakfast was not a continental breakfast, but a full breakfast. There were scrambled eggs and almost everything to fill you up. I enjoyed reading the complimentary USA Today newspaper that is available to the guests at this hotel. I will definitely be staying here again when in the Chicago area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at Best Western Chicago Southland, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for being our guest and leaving us an awesome review! I would like to apologize if you had any difficulty finding us but I am glad you enjoyed everything else about your stay. Our hotel offers many amenities that guests enjoy during their stays (free breakfast, complimentary USA today newspapers, swimming pool and the fitness room). We hope to see you back soon at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chicago Southland!
Jefferson, Georgia, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2012

My husband and I spent 5 days in the Chicago area visiting my family and taking some time away from home. The Room we had was very clean, we LOVED the comfort of the bed, nice breakfast every morning. The night shift front desk lady was so so friendly....even gave us copies of directions to local restaurants that she knew were good. We will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at Best Western Chicago Southland, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave us an awesome review. My staff and I at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chicago Southland are so happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed yourselves while in Chicago. I am glad you enjoyed our clean and modern rooms. The staff is very familiar with the area and we all have are favorite restaurants to recommend to our valued guests too. We hope to see you back soon!
Barre
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Aside for the place being a pain in the neck to get to, and I-80 a bit tougher to get back on to go west, this Inn was top notch. Neat, clean, very comfortable beds..a value. It's quiet too..probably because it's nestled amongst the warehouses! We didn't get to sample the breakfast because of the early check out we did, but I presume it's as good as the rest of the stay! All in all, I highly recommend it..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
bwchicagosouthland, General Manager at Best Western Chicago Southland, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent visit with our hotel. I would like to apologize for any problems you encountered trying to find us, however I am happy to hear you enjoyed our neat, clean, and comfortable accommodations. Next time you stay with us I hope you get the chance to enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast which includes a variety of items! Thank you for being our guest at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chicago Southland!
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

After arriving in Chicago our reservations in Doubletree Hilton was not what I have been promised. So we have to look around for another hotel. Luck or fate was on our side. We ended up in the Best Western in 4375 Frontage Rd, Oak Forest, IL 60452-4628. Thanks to Ms. Cheryl the trip was a fantastic experience. From now on everytime I need a hotel I will look at Best Western first.
Thanks Ms. Cheryl

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Cptmorgn
First let me thank you for taking your time to leave us a review on TripAdvisor! I am very sorry to hear you experienced problems with your accommodations when you first arrived in Chicago, but I am happy to hear we were able to accommodate you and save you trip!! Cheryl is a great asset to our team and its great to see her hard work and dedication does not go unnoticed. We look forward to seeing you at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chicago Southland next time you are in the Chicagoland Area!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Forest
Wingate by Wyndham Tinley Park
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Tinley Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Tinley Park IL
Baymont Inn & Suites Chicago/alsip
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Matteson
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tinley Park

Been to Best Western Chicago Southland? Share your experiences!