“Beautiful, Fun and Friendly!”

The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Oak Brook
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 27, 2007

I wasn't sure what kind of room I would get booking through Hotwire for only $63 a night, but this place is probably one of the nicest hotels that we've stayed at in a long time. We are already planning our next trip here! The rooms are newly rennovated and the bathroom had granite sinks and Kohler fixtures. Down comfortors on the bed and a sleek modern look. The pool area is huge and very clean as is the hot tub and nice locker rooms. We did opt for valet parking, the parking lot is a bit farther away than we wanted to walk in the snow! Overall, we LOVED it and our 4 year old keeps talking about how she stayed at "the McDonald's hotel"!

Stayed: January 2007
3  Thank CandyDog1

Reviewed January 10, 2007

This was the second Christmas vacation we've spent at the Hyatt Lodge in Oak Brook, Il. It's a little off the beaten path and is a lovely property with a great indoor pool.

They were doing a significant amount of bathroom renovations while we were there and we were a little nervous about booking the hotel due to concerns about noise, debris, etc. However, we were never bothered by noise and all went well with our stay.

The rooms are very large and the beds extremely comfortable. They have a nice flat screen television and our unrenovated bathroom was just fine.

The only negative thing about the property is the parking situation. The outdoor parking lot is a bit of a hike away from the hotel and the downstairs door closest to the lot is locked after 6 p.m.

This requires you to walk up a stone stairway to the main level of the hotel. This is not a great walk in cold, snowy or rainy weather. You do have the alternative of using the valet if you don't mind the expense.

We will likely be back next year for the holidays.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank JulieNH57
Reviewed December 26, 2006

Hotel isn't too hard to find and is close to shopping, restaurants and highways. The property is located in a nice wooded area with a lake, streams and nature trails throughout. Rooms are clean and nicely appointed. Beds are very comfortable with plenty of pillows. The hotel is sprawling, lively and looks wonderful. The staff is courteous, friendly and welcoming. My only gripes are minor... the parking area (parking's free BTW, which was nice) is set away from the hotel and is a good walk from the front door, down (or up) two flights of steps and through a service area where vans and trucks frequently park. Also, noise from other rooms and the hallways can filter into your room. All told, I enjoyed my stay and would return any time.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled solo
Reviewed December 20, 2006

We spent a lovely weekend here. It was a family trip that began with the chaos of a windstorm in the northwest. We were about 12 hours behind schedule and arrived at the hotel at 1:30 AM. The desk staff couldn't have been more welcoming, even going so far as to give us vouchers for breakfast in the morning. The rooms are quite nice, having been recently refurbished. It's such a delight to have a hotel room without the omni-present armoire full of electronics. They had low shelving and a flat panel tv that made the room very spacious. Nice lounge/bar in the lower level that looks out on the lake and a huge fireplace. It's a wonderful location--an isle of tranquility in what can be a very busy suburban area. We'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2006

I booked this hotel on Hotwire for $39 plus $4 tax and charges for a Saturday night in December. It's in a pretty setting about 30 minutes from downtown Chicago. Room was recently renovated. It had a flat screen TV and new beds. Balcony overlooked a lake and Hamburger University. It had a huge indoor pool, with a hot tub and windows all around. You approached it through a locker room that was spotless. The Hearth Lounge was a very nice place to relax. They gave me a shuttle ride to the Hinsdale train station, four miles away. It was one of the best bargains I have ever gotten on Hotwire.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2006

We drove in for the Festival of Lights on Michigan Ave and decided to stay here b/c #1 great deal on priceline and #2 gave a chance for the kids to take the train/blue line #3 stayed in the area a couple of months ago and thought this would be an economical way to visit Chicago for the weekend. We traveled with our 3 kids (5yo, 3yo and 6 mos). Glad we did it! If you ask my daughter what her favorite part of the weekend was she said, Santa and then the train ride! We plan to do it again, it was a great way to visit Chicago on a budget. The Lodge was tucked away and directions were great off of mapquest and their website. We stayed one night, November 18.

Parking: valet or $ or self park fro free. The lot is not visible from the front doors, but my husband said it was not a far walk.

Check-in: Quick, as I used the self check –in. I called earlier for a crib and it acknowledged that and told me to call once we got in the room. We got the King non-smkg room, as requested

hotel/Rooms: Hotel on the outside, resembles a lodge/southwest pueblo-like, boxy structure. The grounds are beautiful and you could see that they had bike paths, etc…Our room, 157, was right next to the pool area (sliding glass door entrance to the pool was next to ours) I read on-line that the pool was closing for a week on Sunday, so we told the kids that the pool was closed. I was surprised we were assigned that room, bc when I requested the crib and king room, I inquired about the pool and advised that our children would be sad about the closure. Room was large. Big enough for our crib and the kids to sleep on the floor (they love “camping out” and we were not crawling over each other! Bathroom was made up of a double sink vanity and a separate area for toilet and tub/shower. Nice toiletries. There was a large sliding glass door opening out onto a patio.

Staff: cordial and polite-had the Hyatt touch, called me by name, asked how they could help/be of service, etc…but not helpful. I asked for directions twice and they could not help. I asked for concierge and was put on hold( had to hang up, bc took so long). Sunday morning, I called up to the front desk and inquired about the pool closure, hoping it would be open for a morning swim, for the kids. After all, the pool was packed the night before and there was a wedding in the hotel. They said no closed. Upon leaving the room, there were people in the pool! Yes, pretty sad for my kids, we just told them those kids/parents broke the rules.

The biggest CON and the reason why I would not stay here or recommend the place is, BUGS! Here it was winter, very cold and there were bugs in the toilet/tub room. I didn’t notice when we first got there, bc I had to deal with the kids, but when I took my morning shower, I killed 4 cockroaches!!!! I grossed out and packed up as quickly as I could. When I turned in my keys I advised of the people in the pool and bugs. They said thank you and that was it, I expected at least an apology.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank gobruins
Reviewed October 26, 2006

I stayed at the Hyatt Lodge as part of a conference for 3 nights. I had a great time - room was new, clean with a very comfy king size bed. The room had a nice bathroom and flat screen TV. Our group ate most of our meals at the hotel and they were all good - from breakfast, to box lunches, to catered dinners. The Hyatt staff also had wonderful service.

The hotel has large grounds include a lake and walking area on the adjecent McDonalds campus. One interesting thing about the hotel is the McDonald's themed artwork, which has small and large McDonalds items woven into the art.

Finally I used the indoor pool, which was heated and pristine.

A great location for a vacation or business trip.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
#5 of 8 in Oak Brook
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook
Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Lombard Oak Brook

Been to The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus? Share your experiences!