We stayed here for a meeting. First, I'd like to say the staff is really nice and seem to want to go out of their way to help.
Our problems with the hotel begins with the room. Although nice, it was dusty and not in as great of shape as we expected for such a swanky hotel. The hot water took 20 mintues to heat up becauuse we were placed in a room that was the last room in the hotel. We smoke so I guess that's why the room was so far away from everyone else. That could also explain the hot water taking so long to get to our room.
We also had trouble with the hotel services guide on the tv for looking up our folio and such. They sent a tech that night and it must have been a hotel wide down time for the folio view. That's Ok, not a big deal.
What was a HUGE deal was when we left our room to attend a meeting the next morning, someone came into our room even though we had the "privacy" tag on the door! We later found it was another tech checking the tv, they left a note. To top this off, someone else came in our room and took our breakfast tray away before we even finished our coffee and danishes. Why someone thought it was OK to come into our room with the privacy tag on is beyond us. Thank goodness we placed our valuables in the room safe!
We were told the room service would be credited to our account which was nice. BUT that still doesn't excuse people coming into our room when we clearly had the "privacy" tag on the door. We were told no one, not even the tech was supposed to come into our room. We'll see how that goes.
Anyway, if you stay here please make sure you place any valuables into your room safe even if you place your privacy tag on the door. Nothing was taken from us but it is still creepy to know strangers came into our room. That is unacceptable in such a hotel that charges you quite a bit for a room. Did I mention the internet was not free? You can get free internet in much lower classed hotels so this surprised us as well.
Will we stay here again? No.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Lodge is an exceptional hotel in Oak Brook, Illinois located on 88 acres of lake and forestry on McDonald's Corporate Campus. Discover a private retreat in the heart of Oak Brook. The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus offers a variety of amenities in an unparalleled natural setting. A rejuvenating spa, health club & fitness center, 70 foot lap indoor pool, indoor and outdoor dining options, and natural stone fireplaces add the perfect touches to our luxury lodge setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hyatt Lodge At Mcdonald`s Campus Hotel Oak Brook
- Hyatt At Mcdonalds Campus
- Hyatt Oak Brook
- Oak Brook Hyatt