The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
$76
$80
BestWestern.com
$86
All reviewshamburger universitysmall lakesteam roomfrank lloyd wrightwalking trailsvalet parkingwooded areaself parkparking lot isbeautiful groundshidden gemsurrounded by treesbeautiful hotelhot tubnice pooloak brook mallbusiness meeting
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2008

We chose this hotel as a weekend getaway specifically for the pool/hottub and the overall rating.

When we arrived on the property, it was valet only on site otherwise you had to park 1/4 mile across the street with no options of them bringing in your luggage.

Room was extremely hot, had to call maintenance to fix the issue, it was never resolved, no new room was given.

Jets in whirlpool only worked in the satelitte not the main pool even those worked poorly.

Hotel is extremely outdated and more along the lines of a dorm house.

Would never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank buzzyinmich
Reviewed July 12, 2008

Had a 5 day stay at this hotel for a family wedding. It was great. Spacious clean modern rooms, flat screen tv, radio, clean fresh linens and towels and face flannel, all the usual shower and bath gels. Great choice from the breakfast menu. Very friendly and helpful staff. The hotel courtesy bus ran us in and out of the Oakbrook shopping mall whenever we wanted. There were a great variety of shops at the mall. (look up oakbrook shopping mall for all the stores.) The hotel setting is beautiful with lots of trees and water, but a little out of the way for the city.

• Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed July 9, 2008

We spent a total of three nights at the Oak Brook Hyatt booked through Hotwire. Our first two nights cost $75 each and the third night was $55. I can't remember getting a deal like this in such a quality hotel. The parking is across from the hotel or you can have a valet park it for you at an additional cost of $14. We stayed in a king room that was freshly remodeled.

The bar and restaurant lead outside to an open area overlooking a pond that's an excellent place to enjoy a meal or a drink. The Lodge is a little difficult to find off of Rt. 83 but well worth the stay.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 28, 2008

A bit off the beaten path--but it's quite nice if you are looking for something that is surrounded by trees, small lakes and wildlife.

The rooms are nicely sized. Two double beds with two full desks, lots of drawer space and a large double closet. Lots of easy to access electrical outlets for all of my charging needs.

The beds are a bit small if you are not used to full sized beds. And, I had to re-make the bed because the bottom sheet had pills. But, I checked the other bed and its sheets were fine. Mine must have been an anomaly.

The furnishings were nicely understated and relaxing.

So, here are the downsides:
1) There is no free Wifi. However, when I uttered my shock at that fact to the front desk upon check in, they gave me a coupon for a complimentary 24 hour connection.
2) There is no free use of the exercise room. Happily, the secluded grounds were accessible for running/walking so I didn't use the facilities. Use of the pool and sauna are free, however.
3) The hallways are loud and it's easily heard in the rooms. The night I was there, a family was having a birthday sleep-over for a group of 9 year olds. The girls were still playing in the hallway at 12:30 a.m. and I could hear everything. When I called to complain, nothing happened. But, the party checked out the next night so it ended up being tolerable.
4) Parking is a bit of a hike for sedentary folks. Happily, I am not. But, I may have had a different reaction if it had been raining or snowing and I wasn't prepared. However, if you have a handicapped placard, there is parking directly near the entrance.
5) It's really hard to find if you aren't familiar with the area or aren't coming to Hamburger U. We ended up finding a security guard who escorted us to the site. If not, we'd probably still be going in circles.

All in all, the pluses out-weighed the downsides. I'd absolutely stay there again. But, if you are looking for a great place with all the bells and whistles for free, you may not get it all.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2008

This is not a hotel, it's a dormitory. The teenagers who should be working at McDonald's run it. Rude front desk, a surly bartender and a shuttle service that refuses to shuttle anyone. My room stinks and I have to be here for two more days. I'd rather sleep outside in the snow. Help!

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business