“Kids NOT welcome. So bad we left after only one night of what was supposed to be a 5 night stay.”

The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Oak Brook
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I am an outside sales rep and stay in hotels frequently as I have a large territory and travel weekly for work. I'm fortunate enough that my family is able to accompany me on many of those trips, and my two daughters (2yrs and 5 yrs) travel very well and are accustomed to staying in hotels due to the frequency with which we do so. I had to travel to Oak Brook for a meeting, and booked a room at this hotel after reading the reviews here.
We arrived at the hotel around 9pm and headed up to our room which was at the end of multiple long hallways (the hotel layout is terrible). I was disappointed to find that the "balcony" in the room was a whopping 1 ft deep, and clearly was meant as decoration, as it wouldn't be possible to even stand out there. We ordered pizza and while we waited for it to arrive we hung out in the room and got ready for bed. Around 10pm we received a call from the front desk telling us that our pizza had arrived, also that they had received a call about a "disturbance" in our room. My fiancé assured the front desk that there was no disturbance and that we would be down momentarily to get the pizza. At that point we assumed that they must have had the wrong room and I started to make the long trek to the elevator to go down to the lobby to get the pizza. When I reached the elevator, it was opening and a pizza delivery man, the gentleman from the front desk and a security guard all got off the elevator. The man from the front desk said "we received another call about a disturbance in your room, and wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem". I told him that the closest thing I could think of to a disturbance in our room would be the fact that we have two children in there, but they had been behaving quite well, and it was only 10PM!!! I told him that if children aren't welcome at the hotel, there are plenty of other hotels in the area and that we would check out in the morning.
Most hotels, upon having a dissatisfied customer, would attempt to rectify the situation, especially considering sites like these where word of mouth spreads fast, but absolutely no attempt was made by the hotel to correct the situation and our bill was under our door the next morning. I have never felt so unwelcome at a hotel in all of my life. I will never stay at another Hyatt property again based on this stay.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Jndugan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 12, 2013

What a pleasant surprise the Hyatt Lodge was for our one-night stay!
Oak Brook has lots of shopping, a major highway nearby and you may never know that this hotel is just minutes away tucked neatly in the woods. It's next door to McDonald's Hamburger University where their employees get training.

Service was excellent and friendly and the room was very nice.
We had a view of the woods and a small balcony with a sliding glass door.

The room is very comfortable, clean and modern.

Other than the tv remote being too fussy and complicated (a weird and not-so-functioning trackball controlled many things) and the fridge not being cold, we had a wonderful stay.

Great job, Hyatt Lodge!

Thanks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 4, 2013

What a surprise to find such a nice hotel in the middle of a corporate campus. The grounds are spectactular with jogging trails along the water and tons of beautiful trees. The rooms are huge, modern and well appointed. I was delighted with the spacious bathrooms with double sinks and large showers. My one disappointment was the hotel gym which assessed an $8 charge for guests. Given the hotel is located on the McDonalds campus, I would think workouts would be encouraged. If it wasn't for the funky McDonalds themed artwork I would never have known I was in the middle of a corporate campus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Beautiful place to stay. Not far from Chicago. maybe about 20-40mins Not really sure because took a transit and was looking at the city. Quiet with restaurants on site. not far from the mall. If you just need to get away for some peace, this would be the place to stay plus if you get tired of the quiet you can always catch the train into the big city.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here a couple times now. Each visit has been quite nice. The rooms are modern and clean. Flat screen tv, large closets, double sinks, and a bathtub with Speakman shower. The hotel is unique, in my opinion, because it has MILES of hiking trails (many near several man made lakes on the property), sculptures, and relaxing decks overlooking water. Throughout the hotel, they have decorated the halls with art that has "hidden" (sometime not hidden as well) McDonalds logos and images. I really enjoyed the clever mix of art and McDonalds.

The decor and setting remind me of a Frank Lloyd Wright design. As you can see from my photos, the place is quite picturesque.

The fitness center and pool are above average. They have a full weight room, cardio, steam room / sauna, etc. You have to tell them you are a Hyatt gold reward member (which is free to join) or it costs $8.

Cons: parking is in a distant lot. You have to walk a long way and go up 2 flights of stairs. Also, they charge for Internet use (but, I noticed my iPhone got access to a free AT&T hotspot). Staff wasn't particularly friendly. I'd just say they were "ok." Breakfast was expensive and "average" in quality.

Overall: I recommend this hotel. Great option for this area.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank streamvista
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I attended a 5 day meeting at the Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus and the service was stellar. The service from entry to front desk to room to the restaurants was outstanding. The staff at this facility was polite, friendly and assertive to your every want or need as well as always available. The food was excellent and tasty, as well as the portion were of the right size. The deserts were great, try the peach cobbler if given a chance with ice cream - sooo good! Varied options to satisfy all pallets. The room were spacious, clean and fully stocked with towels and necessary toiletries. The bed was very comfortable, which allowed for a sleep of dreams and you awake feeling well rested. I enjoyed this stay very well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding several years ago and didn't have much to say about the rooms. What a change this time! (At least the lower level) rooms have been renovated with dark woods, leather studded headboard with terrific linens, and granite bath with a walk-in shower (my favorite new direction in hotel design). Our level had a peaceful courtyard (the grounds are beautiful) and, though there were several social events in the hotel the night we stayed, our room was absolutely quiet. Also - very friendly staff and hall decor had funny art repro's with clever McDonald references inserted.

Room Tip: It can be quite a walk to the rooms due to a low-level structure, so inquire if you need assistance