I am an outside sales rep and stay in hotels frequently as I have a large territory and travel weekly for work. I'm fortunate enough that my family is able to accompany me on many of those trips, and my two daughters (2yrs and 5 yrs) travel very well and are accustomed to staying in hotels due to the frequency with which we do so. I had to travel to Oak Brook for a meeting, and booked a room at this hotel after reading the reviews here.
We arrived at the hotel around 9pm and headed up to our room which was at the end of multiple long hallways (the hotel layout is terrible). I was disappointed to find that the "balcony" in the room was a whopping 1 ft deep, and clearly was meant as decoration, as it wouldn't be possible to even stand out there. We ordered pizza and while we waited for it to arrive we hung out in the room and got ready for bed. Around 10pm we received a call from the front desk telling us that our pizza had arrived, also that they had received a call about a "disturbance" in our room. My fiancé assured the front desk that there was no disturbance and that we would be down momentarily to get the pizza. At that point we assumed that they must have had the wrong room and I started to make the long trek to the elevator to go down to the lobby to get the pizza. When I reached the elevator, it was opening and a pizza delivery man, the gentleman from the front desk and a security guard all got off the elevator. The man from the front desk said "we received another call about a disturbance in your room, and wanted to make sure there wasn't a problem". I told him that the closest thing I could think of to a disturbance in our room would be the fact that we have two children in there, but they had been behaving quite well, and it was only 10PM!!! I told him that if children aren't welcome at the hotel, there are plenty of other hotels in the area and that we would check out in the morning.
Most hotels, upon having a dissatisfied customer, would attempt to rectify the situation, especially considering sites like these where word of mouth spreads fast, but absolutely no attempt was made by the hotel to correct the situation and our bill was under our door the next morning. I have never felt so unwelcome at a hotel in all of my life. I will never stay at another Hyatt property again based on this stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Lodge is an exceptional hotel in Oak Brook, Illinois located on 88 acres of lake and forestry on McDonald's Corporate Campus. Discover a private retreat in the heart of Oak Brook. The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus offers a variety of amenities in an unparalleled natural setting. A rejuvenating spa, health club & fitness center, 70 foot lap indoor pool, indoor and outdoor dining options, and natural stone fireplaces add the perfect touches to our luxury lodge setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hyatt Lodge At Mcdonald`s Campus Hotel Oak Brook
- Hyatt At Mcdonalds Campus
- Hyatt Oak Brook
- Oak Brook Hyatt