I love this hotel. My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Saturday, August 18, for our 6th year wedding anniversary. While we live in Illinois, and are familiar with the Oak Brook area, we had NO idea that this hotel even existed prior to our winning bid on Priceline. I knew the McDonald campus was huge, but had no idea there was a public hotel on it or that the campus/grounds were so serene and beautiful! (See my pictures!)
Upon entering the gates toward the Lodge, you immediately feel like you've left the 'burbs and entered a wooded paradise. We felt like we were on vacation!
The rooms were very nice! They had RFID card access where you wave your card in front of the door and there were wood floors in the entry of the room. The shower was very modern, all new tile, and the bathroom itself was huge with bright lighting. The TV had internet access and a keyboard for web surfing.
The pool and fitness center were amazing. Seriously top notch! The gym had a fee of $8 per day, but that included access to the locker rooms which had lockers, showers, steam room, etc.They also had strawberry and pineapple infused water, which was a nice gesture. My husband was impressed with the quality and assortment of equipment in the fitness center. The pool (free) was spectacular...It's indoors but has windows on 3 sides and the ceiling. The sun shines in and it's very bright and inviting!
I decided to go for a run around the grounds and the front desk offered me a map of the trails on the McDonald campus. The entire staff was friendly and helpful during our stay.
We ate breakfast (I belive it was called Water's Edge restaurant) and although the prices were expensive on the menu, our food came out and we were surprised by what came with it. We both ordered the eggs and it said it came with a choice of meat and bread for $10. I ended up getting coffee, orange juice, an english muffin with jelly, three thick slices of bacon, 2 scrambeled eggs, and a little side of apples and yogurt. Worth the $10!
Overall, we greatly enjoyed our stay at The Lodge and will absolutely be back again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Lodge is an exceptional hotel in Oak Brook, Illinois located on 88 acres of lake and forestry on McDonald's Corporate Campus. Discover a private retreat in the heart of Oak Brook. The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus offers a variety of amenities in an unparalleled natural setting. A rejuvenating spa, health club & fitness center, 70 foot lap indoor pool, indoor and outdoor dining options, and natural stone fireplaces add the perfect touches to our luxury lodge setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, HotelPower, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hyatt Lodge At Mcdonald`s Campus Hotel Oak Brook
- Hyatt At Mcdonalds Campus
- Hyatt Oak Brook
- Oak Brook Hyatt