“Hidden Gem!”

The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Oak Brook
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I love this hotel. My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Saturday, August 18, for our 6th year wedding anniversary. While we live in Illinois, and are familiar with the Oak Brook area, we had NO idea that this hotel even existed prior to our winning bid on Priceline. I knew the McDonald campus was huge, but had no idea there was a public hotel on it or that the campus/grounds were so serene and beautiful! (See my pictures!)
Upon entering the gates toward the Lodge, you immediately feel like you've left the 'burbs and entered a wooded paradise. We felt like we were on vacation!
The rooms were very nice! They had RFID card access where you wave your card in front of the door and there were wood floors in the entry of the room. The shower was very modern, all new tile, and the bathroom itself was huge with bright lighting. The TV had internet access and a keyboard for web surfing.
The pool and fitness center were amazing. Seriously top notch! The gym had a fee of $8 per day, but that included access to the locker rooms which had lockers, showers, steam room, etc.They also had strawberry and pineapple infused water, which was a nice gesture. My husband was impressed with the quality and assortment of equipment in the fitness center. The pool (free) was spectacular...It's indoors but has windows on 3 sides and the ceiling. The sun shines in and it's very bright and inviting!
I decided to go for a run around the grounds and the front desk offered me a map of the trails on the McDonald campus. The entire staff was friendly and helpful during our stay.
We ate breakfast (I belive it was called Water's Edge restaurant) and although the prices were expensive on the menu, our food came out and we were surprised by what came with it. We both ordered the eggs and it said it came with a choice of meat and bread for $10. I ended up getting coffee, orange juice, an english muffin with jelly, three thick slices of bacon, 2 scrambeled eggs, and a little side of apples and yogurt. Worth the $10!
Overall, we greatly enjoyed our stay at The Lodge and will absolutely be back again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pond.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed here Sunday and Monday nights, August 5 and 6, 2012. Priceline sent me here on a $100 bid, and the total was $241.02 for the TWO NIGHTS, including all taxes and fees. Priceline has given me a clunker a couple of times, but this property is well deserving of its four star rating. I loved this hotel. Nicely integrated design. Beautiful grounds including a lake (complete with ducks) and mature trees on the McDonalds Corporate Campus. If I try really hard to find a complaint, it would be that the signage on the way through the grounds was way too small. Like letters about two inches high. Don't they realize that folks will be trying to find their way to an unfamiliar place at night? The bed was comfortable, nice large desk, spacious bathroom.
Prompt and reasonable (for room service) room service prices.

I'd love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Room 306 was great!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I really like this hotel. Stay here for conferences and think the atmosphere is great for that type of stay. Love the grounds, the rooms are comfy. Do wish it was within walking distance of things though since I don't always like to eat at the hotel restaurants.

1  Thank chickychick35217
HyattLodge, Guest Relations Manager at The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback. Your wish can be fulfilled as we are only a few blocks from the Oak Brook Center Mall with over 20 restaurants available if you'd like to try a different venue. On your next visit you can get a listing from the front desk and the complimentary shuttle can take you there. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a conference (work-related) and was very impressed. However, it's not a typical hotel so if your expectations are for a big-city high rise, this won't do the trick. Rooms are beautiful and from what I've heard they were recently renovated. The set-up is absolutely gorgeous - very park-like with bike paths and lots of space to explore and walk/run. Food was consistently good and service was friendly and attentive.

Only complaint is that aside from the Oak Brook Center (shopping) there really isn't much outside of the campus to do/see and downtown Chicago is a $50 cab ride each way.

This is the perfect location for group events, family reunions and conferences.

Room Tip: Didn't see any rooms with a poor view, but my colleague stayed in a room that wasn't as new...
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Beautiful secluded property, the McDonald's artwork throught the hotel was a bit much. Room was far enough away to take a cab. Sheets and pillows had so much hair on them. Thought big foot might have stayed there before me. Housekeeping came to change sheets and bedding and kept saying how she didn't do this room.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank iAmMoBetter
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hotel is located inside the Mc Donald's campus but is open to anyone. If you're a Mc Donalds' employee, location can't be any better - just a short walk to HQ; but if you're not (like me), location is still great as it is close to Oak Brook Center where multiple companies are at.

It is not the traditional hotel you might find in Oak Brook: It is surrounded by trees and manicured gardens, at the edge of a beautiful pond. Plenty of trails to walk around.

I've stayed a couple of times for work, and would definitely go back.

Rooms are very clean and with plenty of space to work and relax. Very modern. Fridges at room (but no microwave though). And the most wonderful shower I've seen at any hotel to date!

Great fitness facilities - with even a HUGE pool for lap swimming with multiple lanes!

Food was good. You can even eat at a nice terrace by the pond.

Parking is about half a block away down a small hill, so it is a bit inconvenient to get there with your luggage through stairs - but there's valet parking (for a fee).

It is somewhat at the high range when compared to other hotels in the area, but definitely worth it.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband and I stay here every time we travel to this area and when we are going to Tinely Park. We are always pleased with this hotel. It is in a beautiful setting, really nice area to take walks and enjoy the outside! The inside of this hotel has a very comfy feel, it's pretty and comfy...really cool lodge feel. The rooms are always very clean, quiet, spacious and comfortable. We have eaten in the restaurant several times and have ordered room service, always happy with both. The parking lot is a bit from the hotel, but we have never had a problem with that. We pull to the front door, unload our bags and one of us stays with the bags, one parks the car, no biggie! They also have valet available. We encouraged family members to stay there when they were in the area for an event and they too loved it. It is a great, relaxing place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
HyattLodge, Guest Relations Manager at The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We share all our comments with our staff to continuously improve your experience and are delighted we are your choice hotel when you are in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Brook
Chicago Marriott Oak Brook
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to The Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus? Share your experiences!