Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Expedia.com$117
Hilton.com$117
Prestigia.com$126
1,615 results
All reviews golf course tin cup outdoor pool play golf corner room conference center the executive lounge great stay family reunion beautiful property business trip free parking chicago golfers facility wedding event
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Myself and my husband picked this hotel to celebrate my son's birthday because it looked and sounded so good online.
When we checked in we were disappointed that we did not get a high floor, like we had requested. When we got to our room it had a view of the parking lot. I had asked for the golf course or water view. So again we were disappointed. The pool was full of very young children when we got there so we decided to go back later. It was around 9.30pm when we did and the water was cold. Another couple that was in the water had to leave also because it was so cold. The pool stays open until 11pm so it should not have be cold at 9.30pm. Again disappointed.
On a positive note the hotel is decorated very nice and the grounds are lovely.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Jaqueline M
Steven E, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Dear Jack m,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments, your feedback is of a great value to us.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you and your husband have encountered by not having the high floor and the golf view room as you had requested. I completely understand your frustration. Please be assured that the appropriate procedures have been put in place to prevent situations like this from happening in the future. Our leadership team has been informed and we are strictly monitoring all guest room requests and reservations, as well as the indoor pool water temperature, based on your comments.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Hills Resort again. If you have any questions or concerns, or would like to discuss your recent stay further, please feel free to contact me personally at the resort.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2017

Here for a meeting. Conference center and staff were capable and helpful. Hotel room nice enough - I was in a corner room and the bed was a bit far from the TV - couldn't see it well but then again I'm an old codger with older eyes. Bathroom was small but well appointed. Bed comfy. Hall a bit noisy early in the morning the sound of my upstairs neighbor using restroom was audible but I'm sure I gave the same treat to my downstairs neighbor. Nice place. Coffee was from Keurig machine but only non-dairy creamer which tastes like...well, awful. Little creamers would be nice. I'd come back.

Be warned that this hotel had no cabs at the ready when it was time to go to the airport - cab had to be called and it took 30 mins. Plan ahead.

Room tip: Rooms one one side can see the silhouette of the city on a clear day - pretty neat.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank CharlesAMIV

Dear CharlesAMIV,

Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on the Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Hills Resort and Conference Center. I’d like to assure you that your comments were shared with our leadership team to make sure we improve in each and every aspect of our service. I greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful property. If you have any questions or would like to discuss your recent stay further, please feel free to contact me personally.

Reviewed April 5, 2017

Stayed for a marriage conference and was treated with the upmost respect and professionalism. The amenities are very good. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends. Great place to stay at reasonable prices.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank O643WEalexv

Dear O643WEalexv,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about your recent stay. I am glad to hear you have enjoyed the hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm Regards,

Steven E

Reviewed April 4, 2017

Well Kim, I went to conference as well and had a different experience here!!!! Beautiful Hotel and rooms..We stayed on 11th floor and great view of golf course..We tried to get ice on our floor and ice maker broke,so they sent someone up with ice-and i had to TIP him!!!!!...TheN we went downstairs for dinner. Not great selection at all......There were 1200 PEOPLE at the conference and only 2 waitresses, then some guy with a sweatshirt started serving..Took long time for food and I only had a sandwich.. Hotels has No Continental breakfast...In the morning, we walked out front and noticed ALOT of Couples leaving and coming back with Bags of Food from MCDONALDS... There are No resteraunt's within walking distance..Room COST $283.15 for the 2 night stay and they didn't even offer u coffee...No refrig. or micro in rooms..Then on our Sunday morning we chose to see if they had breakfast.- Appears you can't order anything but the expensive limited buffet....Once again, limited serving staff-but had 3 employee's behind registration desk talking to each other....I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL....Other than looks, Doesn't have much to offer.............

Room tip: food and service have much to be desired..................
1  Thank 327garya
Steven E, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2017

Dear 327garya,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your recent stay, your feedback is of a great value to us.

I am sorry to hear about your experience at the hotel and I apologize we were not able to meet your expectations. Your comments were shared with our Leadership team and certain procedures have been put into place to prevent situations like this from happening in the future.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss your recent stay further, please feel free to contact me personally and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Reviewed April 4, 2017

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hilton Chicago/Oakbrook Hills Resort for a marriage retreat weekend with Family Life called “A Weekend to Remember.” (Awesome retreat by the way…look it up. Send me a message and I’ll hook you up with a code for $100 off your registration fee.) ;)

Strike 1: Upon first entering our corner King room, I went into the restroom and found a long black hair on the bathroom tile, and a little black chunk of something (looked like a bug, but it wasn’t). Not a great start to our romantic weekend. The front desk clerk had told me that if there was anything wrong during our stay, they would fix it. I mentioned the black hair and chunk to the front desk attendant, just to make sure they were aware that the maids were a little careless. Right away, he compensated us with 4 tickets for free breakfast, so that my husband and I could have free breakfast both mornings of the retreat. Nice save! I didn’t even think to ask for a new room or to have someone come up and remove the hair and/or sweep – but, they didn’t offer it either. Strange. I picked up the hair with a Kleenex and tossed it in the trash. Easy enough – but sort of gross. Also, there were a couple of stains on the upholstery of the ottoman in front of the chair. It just looked dirty and tacky.

The free hot buffet breakfast in the B. Restaurant was nice with a made-to-order omelets/waffle station, blintzes, apple pancakes, potatoes, eggs, bacon, sausage, muffins, etc. The guy working the waffle machine was very sweet. We had a nice chat about why I was staying at the hotel that weekend. We had a table right next to the huge window with a view of the pond and ducks.

Strike 2: There was no refrigerator in the room. Really? What hotels these days do not have a fridge in the room!?! I've stayed at cheap-o motels that had fridges in the rooms... This disappointed me because my husband and I had a date night before we checked in to the hotel. We were planning on bringing either leftovers or a dessert back with us to stick in a fridge to eat the next day. We ended up leaving the restaurant with a huge piece of cheesecake. Much to our dismay, there was no fridge, and so we both had to stuff our faces with the cake, even though we were full from dinner, or it would go bad overnight. We ate most of it, but ended up throwing a little bit of cake out. What a waste of an amazing piece of Pappadeaux praline cheesecake!!! 

CAUTION - THIS MAY BE TMI:

So, I started menstruating during my stay at the hotel. During the retreat bathroom break, I went to the ladies room down the hall from the banquet room to get a tampon from the machine. The machine ate my quarter. I reluctantly went to the front desk to seek help. There was a man and a woman at the front desk. I didn’t want to ask them man about this, so I asked the woman where I could get a tampon, or at least get my quarter back. She couldn't find any, so she told the male attendant, who had just walked across the room, that my quarter jammed in the machine in the ladies room, and out loud, not knowing that it was a personal issue, he asks me: "what kind of product were you trying to get from the machine?" I just gave him a look like, "you know...the female kind..." He understood, thank God, so I didn’t have to yell “a tampon!” He gave me a quarter, and so I went to the basement bathroom to try that machine. Score! I got one. I thought I’d try my luck for a 2nd one, so I put another quarter. No such luck - it ate my quarter. I ended up running out to the drugstore.

Hilton, I’ve always liked your hotels, but please 1) make sure your tampon machines work, and/or are fully stocked; 2) offer to clean up hairs in a guest’s room; 3) clean stains out of furniture in the rooms; and 4) maybe splurge a little and put a fridge in each of your guest rooms.

Other than those minor things, my husband and I did have a nice stay and if the retreat is at this hotel again in the future.

Date of stay: March 2017
1  Thank Karen K

Dear Karen K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback; it is comments like yours that give us a chance to improve.

I am sorry to hear about your experience at the hotel and I apologize we were not able to meet your expectations and provide you with the service you deserve. I want to ensure you that your review has been taken seriously, was shared with our Leadership team and appropriate measures have been taken to ensure we provide exceptional service to all of our guests in all areas of the resort.