2 people are viewing this hotel
Hilton.com$117
Hotels.com$117
ZenHotels.com$125
1,617 results
All reviews golf course tin cup outdoor pool play golf corner room conference center the executive lounge great stay family reunion beautiful property business trip free parking chicago golfers facility wedding event
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Our family reunion was at this hotel during the first weekend in August. We picked it because after looking at A LOT of hotels in the Chicago area, Hilton-Oakbrook gave us the best group rates. However, the sales department didn't seem interested in negotiating anything else. The sales rep handling our account had a bad habit of not getting back to my cousin who'd been designated primary liaison - there were a number of instances where she had to contact the sales manager for information (and to provide information like the final head count for our Sunday lunch buffet)

Several relatives reported having problems with the hotel checking them out when in fact they hadn't (one was slated to leave on Monday). Another relative had reserved a suite, as she planned to have a mini-birthday celebration - for some reason, the hotel cancelled it after she'd received a confirmation number.

As for the banquet, the food was just ok, which was a bit below the Hilton's usual standards. We had assorted cookies as a dessert and it would have been nice if we'd been told some were baked in an area where peanuts are processed so my relatives with peanut allergies would have been on the lookout or even skipped the cookies altogether. Instead, one nearly bit into an oatmeal-raisin cookie which had a chuck of peanut in it - obviously that wouldn't have ended well if it hadn't been big enough for her to see it.

All of that said....individual staff were great, the room was comfortable and the grounds are very attractive and well-kept. Two young women helped me find a nearby CVS where I could get an emergency supply of my mother's heart meds (she'd accidentally left them at home and cannot skip a dose). The valets also helped me bring up quite a lot of luggage for my mother, aunt and cousin, all of whom are in their late 80s (my mother's 91)

Because this hotel is a little too far from downtown Chicago and other attractions, I don't think we'll select them again, but if you like golf or want to hang out in Oakbrook (it's not far from the mall), this would be a good place. Although I personally had a very good stay, I would prefer to give it a rating between average and very good, but since that's not possible on this site and I'm really bugged by what my relatives went through, I have to give it an overall average rating

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank 798sheliah
Steven E, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Hills Resort & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2017

Reviewed September 5, 2016 via mobile

Enjoyed our stay here. Room was a little small for a family of four but we got into the room early so cannot complain. Lots of events here but parking was plentiful. Would like to see more options for food - had to travel for breakfast both mornings. Location is great though near mall and lots of restaurants in oak brook. Would stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Keeton239

Reviewed September 5, 2016

The hotel overall was very good. The staff was attentive and the set up for the conference was spot on. The two issues were the internet service was down for the entire conference and my room was cleaned and the things I left in the fridge were discarded by the housekeeping staff prior to my checking out and with me having the do not disturb sign on the door. I returned to the room well before checkout time and intentionally left the things in the fridge so I could take them with me on my trip back home. Not sure why the housekeeping staff did this but when I mentioned it to the front desk, the girl there was very apologetic, said she would speak to the housekeeping personnel and credited my honors account with 5,000 point. It was frustrating but the front desk did what she could.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Michelle C

Reviewed September 4, 2016

Great hotel with nice amenities and great views. Easy to get in and out, and good food at a couple different options on site. Stayed 3 weeks in a row and would go back again of in the area for work.
Thank you!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
3  Thank melodyc725

Reviewed September 4, 2016

The hotel is in a great location with wonderful scenery and beautiful landscaping. The guides in the rooms mention darts and billiards but these no longer exist. The guides require updating. This location would be an exquisite setting for a wedding.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple