“Old hotel, well maintained”

Chicago Marriott Oak Brook
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Oak Brook
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Early Valentines weekend after an Oakbrook spa. The room finishes were modern, high quality, and the mattress was great, but the bathroom barely worked for one person. Staff was super helpful and friendly. They did a great job keeping the lot clear during a nasty snow storm. ,

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

Thank you for staying with us on your Valentine's get-away. We’re glad you experienced our caring services and great hotel amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We were attending a wedding reception at the hotel and decided to stay overnight. I know this is an older property and was pleasantly surprised to discover that it doesn't show its age. The staff was prompt and friendly at check-in, and the decor appeared to have been updated not long ago. Our room was clean, and the bedding was exceptional....so much so that we commented that we slept better at the hotel than in our own bed at home and have recently purchased a mattress from the Marriott website! Rooms were quiet, the wedding reception food was delicious, and overall, it was a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IlliniHope
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Thank you for your comments. It was a pleasure to hear you enjoyed the wedding event, the staff's service and overall hotel amenities. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. We look forward to hosting you on future stays.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Staff excellent. Love the Marriott bed linens and towels. Room Service and bartenders first rate. Cannot beat the location. Centrally located North/South West far enough to be outside the clutter but still accessible, even to the Loop. My wife is wheelchair bound and the accessible rooms with roll-in showers are large and first rate.

Room Tip: Wheel Chair bound guests should request roll-in shower, not just handicapped accessible. they have...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank skark10
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Thank you for your heartfelt review. I am pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay and will let our staff know that they helped you have a great stay with us. I am happy we were able to meet your needs to insure a comfortable and enjoyable stay. All of us at Marriott are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

K. Dwyer

Reviewed January 4, 2014

It has been several years since my last visit to this establishment. The new General Manager, Mr. Schoolby, has done much to improve the place in that time. The hotel is now clean and polished. The day staff is much friendlier and accommodating. A smile and a hello is ever present. Unfortunately, the night staff still leaves a lot to be desired. For example, when asked why the concierge lounge had no water, one employee at the front desk simply said they are understaffed and offered no replenishment. No smiles here.
However, the biggest problem here is physical. The bathrooms are ridiculously small and the rooms that face the Oak Brook Mall have an issue with window insulation. These rooms are plenty COLD. Increasing the heat to 78degrees helps but then leaves the part of the room by the door too hot. It makes for an uncomfortable stay. The rooms on the other side of the hotel are not cold, but still have the bathroom size issue.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the highway side it will be a lot warmer in winter.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank VoyagerFour

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the Oak Brook Marriott to your liking and for recognizing our continued efforts in providing superior products and services. We appreciate your insight on your interactions with the staff, we will share your feedback with them. We look forward to serving your travel needs in the future.

K. Dwyer

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We stayed here over the long Columbus Day weekend. Accommodations were very good especially after a day of roaming the streets of Chicago. Right across the street is a very nice mall which which was nice to stroll around as the sun set. Close enough to the city to be convenient but far enough away the price is reasonable and traffic is not bad.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thanks for staying with us at the Oak Brook Marriott. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay andhow convenient the location and hotel was for your travel needs. I’ll be sure to share your comments with the staff and look forward to hosting your next stay soon!

K Dwyer

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here Fri-Sun for weekend of house hunting. Front desk staff was mildly helpful The good news is that our room was ready early. The bad news was that the the mattress was way too hard and the bathroom had random black hairs in it (on both Fri and Sat). Gross! On Saturday night drunk people ruled the hotel with lots of yelling in the hallways and slamming of doors. That was totally annoying. I expect more from a Marriott. That is, clean rooms (no strangers' hair) and quiet between the hours of 11pm-6am. I probably will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rakawa
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Rakawa,

I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered at our hotel. I appreciate you letting me know so that we can improve our service. I will be happy to speak with you further about the experience so that we make sure all issues are resolved. Please call me directly at 630-573-8555. In the meantime, I will be working diligently with our staff to make positive changes.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

No problems during my one week business stay. Friendly and helpful staff from check-in through check-out including concierge lounge staff. Free high-speed internet for Gold and higher and free breakfast for Gold or higher. Large room, clean and comfortable bed. Others commented on the smaller bathroom size but it is nothing unusual or problematic. It really did not appear small to me. I must admit I had some concerns about this hotel based on some of the reviews and I am happy to say that none of them appeared during my stay. There was nothing negative about my stay and it was in fact a very nice stay. The mall is across the street, 22nd street and I did walk across it every day to have dinner. This is a busy six lane highway with crosswalks. If you don't want to risk crossing that street, the shuttle driver is happy to take you to the mall. If in the area again, I will look here first.

Room Tip: I heard from three men in the lounge that their room on the interstate side was a little noisy so I...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank sometrip
kathy d, Manager at Chicago Marriott Oak Brook, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Oak Brook Marriott for your stay– we’re happy to hear it was a comfortable and pleasant stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your future travels.– we enjoyed taking care of you.

Thank you again!

Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites
#1 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
Residence Inn Chicago Oak Brook

Been to Chicago Marriott Oak Brook? Share your experiences!