McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 85 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Meyers Road
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I ahve eaten at this establishment in Chicago and was impressed but this location in Oakbrook disappointed me. The lobster bisque had 1 piece of lobster (The waitress dropped the first bowl) and told me no charge(It was on the bill anyway) it was also cold. Then the ahi arrived cooked all the way through, cold and without any taste-I sent back but then was informed by the asst manager they were closing in 30 minutes and could not accommodate. I paid the bill and that location is not on my radar.

1  Thank Gorden M
There are newer reviews for McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Met here recently with a 12:30 PM reservation for a medium sized group business lunch. Restaurant was nearly empty which was surprising to me, but that worked out great for business discussions as it was so quiet.

I think everyone enjoyed their meals. Beautiful decor that was professional without being stuffy or dated. Perfect for business. I had the lump crab cake sandwich. It was very good with crisp lettuce on a very light bun. It came with a side of fries that were severely over salted. I like salt but this was over the top. Several members of our party said the food was over salted as well.

The waitress was nice but for an empty restaurant, I'd say she was inattentive at best. She took my knife after the appetizer and I never received another. Without fail she switched drinks and orders between members of our party. It became a running joke that she couldn't get it right. When we needed something, she was never around. Bread was never offered and any refills of water, or tea had to be requested, and they were again, often brought to the wrong person at the table.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We have visited McCormick & Schmick's all over the country and enjoyed wonderful meals (i.e. Seattle, Washington, DC, etc), so were expecting a lovely evening. However, this was by far our worst experience. We had to send our meals back as the fish wasn't cooked, the service was poor, even though the restaurant was not busy, and the impression we got was that no one seemed to care. I've not written off M/S entirely, but we'll never be back here. Too bad ...

1  Thank DDS2_2_1_1
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I went a few days prior to Valentine's day. He had chosen the restaurant and even though I had read that the changes made with Landry's were not good, I was still game.
Had a 6:45 reservation, were seated promptly and waiter (I think Eric) was there for a quick introduction. We jsut had a few glasses of wine as I wanted Red and he wanted White. Some pretty good wine by the glass choices.
Had the 'Shrimp Kisses' and there were plenty of shrimp, very well cooked with a perfect spice and flavor - great to share. We then split the WEDGE salad - plenty for two to share. All of this came at a nice even pace, not too slow nor too fast. Gave us an opportunity to dine with each other:)
I had the Filet and Stuffed Shrimp - arrived piping hot and tasted great. Not too much breading but a good stuffing on the Shrimp. Filet was okay, have had better. My husband had the grilled swordfish with the tropical fruit relish and he loved it.
Will definitely go back. Heard their 'Happy Hour' is great but have not had the chance to participate.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Booked a table for four on Christmas night through Open Table. The reservation system showed open times for 6:00, 6:15 and 6:30 p.m. when I booked at 2:30 p.m. that afternoon. Arrived on time for our 6:30 p.m. reservation to a packed lobby. Hostess told us that they were currently seating those with a 5:45 p.m. reservation. As more parties came in, it was apparent that we would be waiting between 45 - 60 minutes to be seated. The hosted would smile and say there was a wait and suggest that people have a drink at the bar. The place was standing room only with only two chairs in the lobby for those waiting. My 85 year old mother stood the entire time. A good manager would have started passing appetizers or small glasses of wine, or find chairs for older patrons, but not here.

After 52 minutes of waiting we were shown to our table. The manager stopped short when she saw that the table was not yet set up, so we stood some more. A short time after being seated our server arrived and informed us that the kitchen was running 30 - 40 minutes behind so it would be best if we ordered as soon as our drinks arrived. I ordered a bottle of wine and when the server brought it she dropped it on my bread plate causing it to shatter with an ear-piercing sound. She apologized profusely, cleaned up the broken pieces and said she'd be back with another bottle of wine. Upon returning she took one look at me and asked what was wrong. My husband explained that the loud crash had caused me some ear pain. She apologized again and said she would send the manager over.

Server took our order, but returned to say that the Whitefish was sold out. My husband then asked for the Swordfish Casino - sorry that's out too, as well as the Walleye. She suggested the Mahi Mahi, which he then ordered. Had also heard in the lobby that they ran out of Miller Light.

Waited a long time for entrees, but they were all quite good, although portion size a bit small on a couple of the items. Server came back to check on us and told us that the manager was not able to come to the table, but would comp dessert. We ended up ordering three desserts and two coffees, all of which were comped. Near the end of our meal (around 9:15 p.m. or so) the manager was at the table next to ours, a large party of 14 or so. They apparently also had complaints. The restaurant had quite a few empty tables at this point and was no longer seating guests. Even though things had slowed down and the manager was at the next table, she didn't bother to stop at ours. Larger check, more important?

All of this comes down to poor management. This is a chain restaurant which has been around for several years. They should know how to adjust for the holidays, but totally missed the mark here. Corporate, however, is more on the ball. I tweeted about the wait to be seated and received a reply the next morning with a link to a comment form. I expect to hear back from them. If I don't, it will be my last visit to any Landry restaurant.

2  Thank LiebeTravel